icon

audiopulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2008 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody know whats going on with Audiopulse. There phone number does not work and i want to get a list of dealers near me. If anybody has any info on how to get in contact with them it would be greatly appreciated.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
From what I've heard they went out of business.  Parts Express has been selling their stuff and they are known for purchasing the last of the inventory of failing companies and selling it off. Maybe one of the David's can elaborate as they have a better ear in the industry than I do now.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

TC Sounds/Audiopulse is bankrupt.  Whether they come out of it and form a new company or whether that was all she wrote remains to be seen.

Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yep... I'm not really sure what happened. When they changed the name to Audiopulse, they SIGNIFICANTLY raised their prices, without adding anything to the value of the product. For the money they decided to charge, they added paint jobs, but that's about it. Before the name change, there was nothing to compete at the pricepoint. After the change, plenty could, and recognizable brand names as well. The TC-1000s in my trunk were only 140 each. Shipped. The IDENTICAL driver is now over 50% more money ($228 each, plus shipping.)
Thilo was (is) a fantastic designer, and I seriously hope that he comes up with a new venture. As was the case with Dan (of Adire Audio fame) the DIY market isn't a place to change names and charge more. A shame, really.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Yep... I'm not really sure what happened. When they changed the name to Audiopulse, they SIGNIFICANTLY raised their prices, without adding anything to the value of the product. For the money they decided to charge, they added paint jobs, but that's about it.
Thilo was (is) a fantastic designer, and I seriously hope that he comes up with a new venture. As was the case with Dan (of Adire Audio fame) the DIY market isn't a place to change names and charge more. A shame, really.

They had no choice but to try and charge more.  TCS were (are) deep in debt to Chinese companies - read, the Chinese government - and had to do whatever they could to try and pay them off.  Adire was a completely different situation, of course, but pretty much undone by debt as well - at least that's what I understand to have happened.  I'm not on the inside of either company so all I know is what others have told me.

Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
I heard quite a few rumors when I was at Adire about TC Sounds on the verge of going out of business back then.  And those rumors were coming from quite a few sources.  I know Eclipse moving away from them was probably a big blow.  I then heard they started having most of their subs built in China.  When they changed their pricing and name, I thought it was a good move on their part to stay alive.  I believe they were going to try and use their reputation to get into the doors of dealers.  This of course meant raising prices so the dealers can make some money selling the product too.  But that also eliminated their only advantage over their competitors.
Steven Kephart 
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
As was the case with Dan (of Adire Audio fame) the DIY market isn't a place to change names and charge more. A shame, really.

Actually Adire's demise was due to completely different reasons.  Adire made what looked like a good gamble that in the end didn't pay off due to several factors.  But now Dan is doing what he's best at, engineering, and leaving the business running to others.  And I think Adire did what he intended it to do which was to showcase his talents as an engineer to the industry to open up more doors to him in the OEM market.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic