icon

auto command 28624tn in '00 firebird

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astrosurfer 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hi there experts and installers. as the topic title states....I will be installing that alarm/ remote start in a few days. Is there anything specific that I need to do to my 2000 pontiac firebird to remove my factory alarm. I am familiar with need to bypass the vats...no need for explanations there. I don't want my factory alarm kicking in at all so I wish not to carry the original keyless entry key fob...(get me) that's why I got the starter combo. Obviously any help will be greatly appreciated. Any additional info you need from me....let me know, but I think I've got it covered above. I did search the site and the only 2 hits I got explained nothing to me.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
astrosurfer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks bud I'm paranoid about the factory alarm screwing me over...lol. I'm gonna keep the keyfob in the car I guess just in case. Is this a permanent disable whilst the aftermarket is installed/has power?
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have no idea what you are supposed to do with that wire. When I quit installing the only vehicle I remember having a factory alarm on it was the 300ZX. On that car you just grounded the hood pin to totally disable the factory alarm. Hopefully somebody else can shed some light on it for you. If not I will find out at work tomorrow.
astrosurfer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Kool man appreciate the info. I know it's factory alarm in there now. I have keyless entry already. Gm keyless... fob # is 16245100-29. Which alarms when I hit lock. Alarm off on open. Wanting to eliminate it. However I think it's only wired to the doors. Hood opening and trunk opening seem to not set it off although I have some sort of Issue with my trunk wiring. Light stays on if one of the connectors is plugged in. I need to research and investigate this. I'll do that now and add anything contrary I find about it.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Does that vehicle have the 3 spring loaded pins and 3 brass looking contacts on the hatch?
astrosurfer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
No m8. the wires are actually for my courtesy lights. I remember now why I have it unplugged...the hatch does not close all the way due to rear end damage (before my salvage purchase). The repair is shoddy to the left rear quarter and nothing lines up correctly. A time consuming fix and also in the future. However i did bypass the vats today with a potentiometer in anticipation of my alarm arriving. Was testing it out and all works fine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic