icon

99 deville radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thuglife505 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
hi i need some help. i installed a jvc radio on a 99 cadillac deville... when i turn it on the sound is low you can turn it up all the way and its still low.. but if you put the factory back on it sounds fine. it doesnt say it has the bose system any where.. on the factory plug where the speakers are ther is some strands of wire in a clear caseing... can any one help??
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

With the wire in the clear casing, it sounds to me that there may be an amp in that vehicle.  Does the harness you purchased have a wire in it labeled power antenna?  If so did you connect it to the blue/white wire of your new radio.  Usually without this wire connected to turn the amp on you will get no sound from the speakers.  I have seen cases that were just as you are describing. 

thuglife505 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
Well I used the american international plug I did connect that wire but nothing ... right now I'm in denver for the holiday and I bout the gmrc 03 but I'm having doubt about it working I don't go bak to new mexico til sunday I wanna kno if I might need other parts before I go so I can get them
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
pretty sure there is a factory amp in that car          gmos-06

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic