icon

smoked amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gogoquadzilla 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a schematic for a PPI DCX 500.2 ? I'm repairing my amp and have a couple resistors that are charred too bad to read so I have no idea what they are. PPI tells me they will only give them to their repair shops.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, unless you can find one posted on Google, your out of luck.
If you can get a good enough look on here you may be able to find out http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_DCX500.2/
Most likely though, there will be an identical stage on the other side of the amp with the same resistors, such as, say if the resistor that is fried is R114, and there is a resistor on the other side of the board labeled R124, theres a very good chance it's an identical stage, just different polarity.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
gogoquadzilla 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
they're hidden under the pot for the input xover. the resistors come from the rca inputs
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
If they are connected to the shield of the RCA jacks you need to check them with a meter.  They are more than likely OK.  They run hot.  If they are connected to the shield, I think they are 10 ohm 2 watt.
gogoquadzilla 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
they crumbled when i touched them. i know it was yellow, maybe blue gray or violet, and the third i cant tell so that rules out 10 ohms, theyre definitely bad, i assume they were the same and they are reading 81 and 177 ohms.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

They are 47 ohm.  Using a meter verify that one end of the resistor goes to the shield of the rca jack.  The other end goes to the center tap of the transformers secondary windings.

smoked amp -- posted image.

i am an idiot 
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
The above picture is not of a 500.2 It is of the same series, they are all pretty much the same in that area.
gogoquadzilla 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot, where did you get that picture? i couldnt find anything like that on ampguts but maybe i wasnt looking hard enough. they are on the shield and i think theres a good chance that third band was black on mine too so i'll try those out. thanks a lot. now i have to figure out what keeps frying my fets on the power side!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic