icon

2006 corvette alarm add on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msjphotos 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone see a reason why I cannot tap a proximity sensor into a corvettes factory alarm? I'm thinking of tapping on to the hood pin, trunk pin, or the door trigger wires at BCM. Thanks for any responce!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Couple things to consider...
If you trigger the OEM alarm by opening the door, how long does the alarm go off for?
If it is only 30 to 60 seconds you would be ok. If it goes off until disarmed, you better hope you don't get frequent false alarms.
The hood pin would also be a better option as well, since it probably doesn't turn on any of the vehicles dome lights when triggered. I would also make sure the prox sensor is only ON when the ignition is OFF. That can be done by hooking the prox sensor's ground wire up to a true ignition wire. It will read ground when the car is OFF, which will enable the sensor. When the ignition is ON, the sensor will not have ground and will not be powered up.
msjphotos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much. I was actually trying to figure how wire a relay to turn the sensor off when the ign. is on. You may have just saved me some time on my install. I was not thinking to wire the prox. sensors ground to the ign. switch. Thanks
msjphotos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

If you extend the wires on the proximity sensor, will that affect it's performance? I installed the sensor and during the original testing, it seemed to work fine. I realized the wires were not long enough so I extended them. Now I cant seem to get it to go into full trigger mode. It will only trigger the warn light on the sensor. Could the sensor be bad that fast? Its a DEI sensor.

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
It should give no problems i extend the wires  when i mount the sensor in the headliner.Maybe its yr adjustment ,or location?
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
msjphotos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, heres my problem. I have the DEI508d prox sensor trying to install it on a 06 vette factory alarm. There is a green(exterior detector)light and a red(interioir zone) light. After installing, the red light is very dim on the sensor now when it triggers. The doors on the vette are positive when closed and read 0 when closed (neg. trigger right??) I used the gray/blk wire which is connected to the drivers door. The sensor is supposed to put out a neg. trigger signal but I am getiing like 3.84 volts on my volt meter. Why? I cant trigger with a positive signal to a positive signal on the door wires. Any idea whats going on? Why after installing is my red light so dim now on my sensor also?? Any help please!!! I'm in the middle of my install now! I'll check back in a few minutes.

BTW : Do I need to diode isolate anything? My ground is connected to the pink wire when the ignition is off that way it turns the sensor off when vehicle is running as advised earlier.

msjphotos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

I meant to say the doors read 0 when opened.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic