icon

08 silverado remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I did one back in Oct/Nov and it's had a couple issues.  I used an xk01 and xk06 on it.  That is what bypasskits recommended at the time.  The problem he has had(twice) is it wouldn't start.  The problems haven't come up until the past month.  The first time was a big fight with the dealer(I won that one).  The 2nd time he tried to r/s it with the hood open.  Truck didn't start(normal).  He hopped in the truck and tried the key, still wouldn't start.  Turned key off, dash lights stayed on.  Used r/s to try to cut it off, nothing happened.  Tried key again, nothing happened.  Went in the house to try to find my number(dash lights still on).  Came back out before calling me and the dash lights were off.  R/s the truck and it started fine.  He said there was around a 10 minute window from when he left the truck till he came back.  Only thing he didn't do to confirm if it was the r/s or the bypass module was press on the brake to attempt to cut the r/s off(remote should've done this anyway).  I'm leaning towards the xk06 though since he couldn't start it with the key.  Any thoughts on this?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer that has an xk06 in his 07 that's locked up twice, both times all that was needed was to unplug the bypass, and plug it back in.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Will the PKUGM2X work better?  Have anyone tried this unit instead?

triplej 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  
 i have one right now with the autopage rs-727 rs 1701g combo module that wont crank over in rs bit if i put the key in the ign then remote start it runs fine... anyone seen this b4??
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
The most stable module I have used on the latest generation of GM truck is the CAN SL2 from Fortin, or the equivalent CAN box from iDatalink. Both work very well.
You can't over crank the truck, btw...... the ECU controls the starter as it has on GM trucks since 2003. Factory anti grind.
1701g is not the right module for an 08. All it is is an XK01 flashed with the GMDL6 firmware. Doesn't do PK3+.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic