icon

give a jolt of electricity to a thief?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doogi0122 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

hello all..... i am just back from a weekend in detroit . to recieve a phone call to be informed that my work vehicle was broken into. so after a visit with the perry police and trying to figure out how none of my moms neighbors heard my alarm another sub and amp gone last time it was at my house in my prelude and my drill is gone the time before in the lude at moms again. so now the count is crooks 3 doogi nada.......(actually out close to 2800 bux) but im off my subject the lude doesnt have an alarm (YET) what i need to know is how can i set my vehicles to give a jolt of electricity and not fry my electrical systems i want it to zap someone when the touch the vehicle it doesnt need to be lethal but i want them to know im done @%kin around i mean to hurt them. maybe they will learn crime doesnt pay so i just need something that will pulsate a strong enuf current that it will knock them back a few feet..........or should i get a ginormus pitt bull and chain him to the cars?

at any point is there any thing or anyone that can tell me what to rig.........any help is greatly appriciated......and thanx for lettin me vent  

doogi
doogi0122 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2008 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
did someone change my title?
doogi
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
That might be illegal you might want to look into that before you get sued by the thief for alot more than 2800, but i feel where your coming from.
doogi0122 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  

i know it might be illegal.......as i know stealing is illegal but why should they get away with it

how bout i just get some kind of gas to put the idiots out for a day........not kill them but i would be able to find and get the cops there

i heard bout i think was someplace in the uk where they hook up some kinda gas jets and singe the theifs but again prolly illegal in the us..........

people need to just realize stealing is wrong

and that karma is gonna come back and bite them......

doogi
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  

A friend of mine had such an alarm.  There was a switch mounted under his sub enclosure.  Solid copper wire mounted to the bottom of the box.  That wire was fed by an ignition coil that was pulsed via a 555 timer circuit.  We never could get anyone to try it out.  But I can tell you it sounded NASTY when it was pulsing.  

doogi0122 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

ooooooooo thats what im talkin what when its lifted it stings so to speak? but i dont really want someone to actually get in my cars.......maybe ill just fence the yard and get a rot a dobie and a pitt  whod mess with them?

im just sick and freakin tired of idiots but i like the the last posts idea i might have to get that set up...........it wont harm my wiring tho?

thanx guys

doogi
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
I prefer a nice 2 way alarm,110lb German Shepard, and my M4
give a jolt of electricity to a thief? -- posted image.
rtfm
doogi0122 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  

shepard eh????

hmmmmm

interesting

i unfortunatly own pugs

not watch dogs

doogi
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
I think the 2-way alarm and high powered weapon are a good idea too...no one listening really gives a damn about an alarm going off.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  

Right now I'm working with a customer who is trying exactly what you are talking about.  He's got a coupe that he has a Clifford Matrix 3.5 alarm in it, and he purchased two 750,000watt stun guns.  His plan is to rewire the stun guns so that the two electrodes are mounted under the lift door handle.  We will not install the stun gun system for liability purposes, but I've been helping him a little in the design.  The idea is to be able to arm the stun-gun circuit independantly from the alarm.  Meaning he can arm the alarm system with or without the stun-gun circuit active.  The other obstacle is to keep the stun-gun pulse to only a few seconds.  We'll see what he comes up with.

The other option for you that might be better than a liability lawsuit, is the new Viper and Clifford Responder alarms.  They have the Armed Silent Trigger setting, which when the alarm is triggered by any of the zones, the alarm stays silent, no siren, no lights.  However, in your house, your keyfob goes berserk, letting you know that someone triggered your alarm.  Now you have the opportunity to meet the nice people who broke into  your car, and help them learn crime doesn't pay - it hurts.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic