icon

crossover points for infinity kappa 63.7i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickdahl 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

I have Infinity Kappa 63.7i speakers mounted in my doors.  These speakers came with external crossovers and I'm using them.

I have an Alpine PXA-H701 processor, and thought about using it to crossover these speakers, using F1 for the tweeter/mid and F2 for the woofer.

One problem is that the speaker's specs are vague, and don't show the crossover information. 

What should I do?

thanks,

Nick

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have 4 channels of amplification available for the pair of speakers?
nickdahl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I have two four-channel amps installed in the car: Alpine F250 and Alpine F450.  I hoped to use two channels of the smaller amp for the tweeter/mid speakers, and two channels of the larger amp for the woofers.  I have two 5.5" Silver Flute speakers installed in the rear speaker position, and they'd get power from two channels of the smaller amp.  The remaining two channels of the larger amp is for my small Kicker 6x9 subs.

Still looking for the crossover points, or a good guess at where I should HP and LP the Infinity's 6.5" woofer. 

Thanks,

Nick

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
There should be one or 2 capacitors somewhere on the speaker, they may be under the mid/tweeter pod. Can you see the value on these capacitors?
nickdahl 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

The speakers are installed in my car doors so they aren't coming out.  The crossover network itself it external: it's a small box about the size of a cigarette pack.  I've never opened it.

I guess the piece of information I really need is the woofer's upper limits: how high can a 6.5" speaker go without a beaming problem?  I'd presume that's probably near where they crossed it over.

I've got the external crossover hooked up to the mid/tweeter speaker connectors now, so that'll probably work to keep them safe, since the external crossover has separate leads for the mid/tweeter and woofer connections.  I just want to be able to set my Alpine PXA-H701 more accurately when it comes to the Front 2 speakers.

Thanks,

Nick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic