icon

forum for shop owners

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
norcalboris 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
id love to see a forum dedicated to shop owners and managers to discuss products and solutions for running a well run business
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure that could  be considered in the general discussion area.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

A forum for shop owners should be limited to owners, managers, etc. for obvious reasons. Currently there is no efficient and effective way for me to determine these users from consumers and the general public. If you can think of one, I'll be happy to consider it.

forum for shop owners -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, I'd definetly like to see that! Bounce ideas off of each other. What if to gain access we needed to send you an email from a store email accounts? eg . You would recieve an email from me and the address would be ray@ninezeroseven.com with a link to the site contained in it? Body of the email just requesting acess
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
There is one, NOT associated with this site. Some of the Industries top shop owners are there. You have prove you are in the industry. Talk to the folks at ICE (in car experts). they can get you hooked up.
used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Would it be too much work for you to manually give someone access to the forum, once it was created? I don't have any idea how many shop owners/managers there are total on this site.
Also, if you wanted more proof than a store e-mail, a scanned tax exempt ID might be a valid option.
Another idea sort of in the same thread - a forum for, say, MECP certified installers only?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not too worried about having to manually edit each member's account to allow access to each of the respective forums. My main concern is having an efficient method of validation that would make those that join confident imposters were not easily able to join. The scanned tax ID is a good idea for shop owners. Keep the ideas coming... we may get this going pretty soon.

forum for shop owners -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
although the tax exempt is a good idea, it's tough for some employees to get.
There must be another way....I'll have a think because I feel that this could be a good section.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I dont run my own shop,but rather run a shop for a big box store. So we would need a validation process for us too. Something like talking to the store manager or store director to validate that this person is in charge of the shop. I like the idea for mecp cert. forums too, but all the info to pass the basic test is redundant...you should know this stuff as a basic installer...all my employees do.I'd say more like a forum for 1st class and up, but it would be a small forum with little traffic. The idea for shop owners and managers would be more productive to the12volt.com.
Bump to keep the thread and idea alive, this is a great idea. I dont have a perfect way to validate every member failsafe...anyone else have ideas?
sS
rtfm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic