icon

97 civic, keyless entry, 2 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
standbackimapro 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

Ok well a while ago istalled a radio retaining keyless entry, recently i bought the scosche fm adaptor, so i go to hardwire it in, it works, i put everything back together, no power to the radio or keyless system i installed the switch between the old radio wire and thre new radio harness, ( accesory wire and ground), everything worked

after i got it back together nothing worked, no keyless or radio so i checked the power, no 12 volt to either the constant or accesory wire right at the plug between the car and keyless part of the harness, so what would blow? i checked the radio fuse and the keyless fuse, both good,

Next thing is, When i pulled out my radio, i accidently ripped the antenna wire in half, is there a way to fix it? i see a little white center wire and a bunch of little metal strands around it

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2008 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

you should be able to solder the antenna back together, but those antennas are kind of short, so i would recommend getting an extension and cutting that and soldering that to your factory antenna!  

As far as the fuses go....have you checked the fuse box under the hood.....i'm pretty sure that that is the one that's blown!!  

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic