the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

simplest way to wire this stereo system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kflat 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

Newbie here and to be honest I haven't messed with car audio since high school. That was 21 yrs ago.

I'm working on my sons first stereo that he doesn't know about. The deck is a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB. I have 2 amps. 1- 600 watt mono and 1- 600 watt 4 channel. 2 -12's in a bandpass enclosure and the other speakers are a pair of sony 6x9's and 6.5's. These are speakers that will simply fit in the factory location. (Hyundai Tiburon).

The 12's and mono amp is simple but I think the 4 channel will be to much for the 4 speakers. One person suggested that I wire the 6.5's to the deck and use the front rca outputs for the 4 channel amp to power the rear. Like I said I've been out of this game for quite sometime and not really sure whats the simplest way.

Mike 

whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
What is the RMS of each channel of the 4-channel and the RMS of the speakers? You could always turn the gain down really for the front channels if you are worried about blowing the speakers. It would still sound better then the head unit.
kflat 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
I will have to look. I have all the stuff hidden so he can't find it and I didn't write it all the model numbers down. I will look tomorrow.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Just hook both sets of speakers to the amplifier and set the sensitivity according to the wattages the speakers can handle and make sure it sounds fine as I've seen Sony inflate their numbers on their speakers.
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
i would agree on that sony
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &