icon

pioneer deh 7700mp suddenly quit?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
draggindakota 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

My wifes car has a Pioneer DEH-7700MP that I bought for her at christmas '06. Have had no problems since then until last Monday. She drove from her office to mine, about 1/4 mile, and the deck was playing fine. She parked her car at my office and we left for about an hour. When we came back, she got in her car and the deck didn't turn on when she started the car.

I've checked the wireing, and everything looked good, and the unit was getting good poer all the way to the plug at the back of the unit. Fuses on the harness and in the car are fine. The deck just will not show any signs of life, no clock, no noises, nothing. What could go wrong that quickly?

The rest of the system consists of:

Sirius PNR-1 tuner

Stock mids and highs

Crunch Power Zone P2500 amp

Lanzar lowpass x-over

4 Kicker L7 10's

Pyle 12 volt DVD player

Pioneer IP-BUS AV adapter for the DVD player

2 Farenheit 7" monitors in the headrests.

Could it be the faceplate or something simple like that? I'm stumped.

still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Goto basics pull the radio out the car and get the 12v wire and ground and plug it up on the fuse box using the same amperge as your igtion wire and se if you get something it might have something loose inside the radio if that doesn't work. Do you have another harness for it
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
Huh... a failed Pioneer head unit... well, I never.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
You said you checked for power at the head units plug.  Did you also test the red accessory wire as well?  The reason I ask is that Pioneer put a small resistor in series on some of their head units that are notorious for popping. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic