icon

wiring 95 thunderbird door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
winfred 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I am new at installing alarms, I am installing a Viper 350 in a 95 Ford Thunderbird and can get the door locks to work. I found the wires pink / YELLOW lock and pink/light green unlock. The lock instruction says reverse polarity use passenger switch to test and unlock says w/keyless negative trigger. can anyone give me some insite here. Thanks
Image is Everything
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

when you test the wires do they test neg from the pass door switch if they do put the green (lock) from the dei alarm to the pink / YELLOW and the put the blue (unlock) from the dei alarm to the pink/green

If they test pos its a 5-wire locking system you can use a dei part number 451m or use two relays.  You will have to cut the wires in half,  when the wire is cut test both sides, the side take shows a plused 12volt when lock or unlock  is the switch side.  Test using  the pass door switch.

With the relays this is what you do  86 and 87 on both realys go to 12v constant fused . 85 on the relays go like this, 1 realy gets the lock (green wire) of the alarm the other relay 85 gets the (blue wire) unlock from the alarm . So the relay using the green wire from the alarm, 87a goes to the switch side of the pink / YELLOW (LOCK WIRE) and 30 goes to the motor side of the pink / YELLOW.  The other relay using the blue wire (unlock) 87a goes to the switch side of the pink/green and 30 goes to the motorside of the pink/green

You can use a 451m it will make it a little easier.  On the 451m put the purple to 12 volts,  the WHITE/ black and GREEN/ black are the lock when you cut the lock wire WHITE/ black goes to the switch side and the GREEN/ black goes to the motor side.  The BROWN / black and blue/black are the unlock when you cut the unlock wire the BROWN / black goes to switch side and the blue/black goes to the motor side.

Hope this helps and makes sense sometimes it makes sense in my head but when I try to wite it and explain it sounds all over the place.  so if I confused you im sorry

winfred 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks that should help out because I was confused and yes its a five wire setup because the wires were already cut for the door locks. Thanks once again for your help :o)
Image is Everything

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic