icon

1995 monte carlo z34 and a viper 350hv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
my95z34 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I've got most of this system set up, but I'm having a couple issues. When I arm it, it chirps one time and locks the doors. When I disarm it chirps 5 times and unlocks the doors. But the alarm still goes off when I get in. Also, when it is 'armed' I don't think it sets off the alarm.
Also, I need help hooking it up so it knows when the doors are opened, and to hook up the starter kill.
I am just getting really frustrated with the whole thing. I don't know what else to do, short of paying someone $175 to install it.
Please help me?? Thank you!
my95z34 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I figured out the problem with the armed and disarmed. I don't know if it is me, or the wiring guide but the lock and unlock are backwards. So it is armed when unlocking the doors, and disarmed when locking.
And also, it chirps 4 times, not 5.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Switch them around and test it out again - 1 chirp is "armed", 2 chirps is "disarmed", 4 chirps is "disarmed - alarm has been triggered" and 5 chirps is "disarmed - Nuisance Protection(the same zone was triggered 3 times in less than an hour)".
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
my95z34 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just did that and now that's fixed.
But no matter what, when disarming it always chirps 4 times. Even if the alarm didn't go off.
And I still need to figure out how to hook this up to the ignition, and so it monitors the doors.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
Ignition is pink at the ignition switch, door should be blue (-) in the driver's kick panel.
Also, the reason it's always chirping 4 times is because as far as the alarm knows you haven't turned the ignition on at all. It resets that when the ignition is turned on.
my95z34 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, can I find that pink wire further down in the dash so I can access it easier? And how do I hook that up to the starter kill relay? There isn't very good documentation in the Viper manual for that part.
Where is this drivers kick panel that I keep reading about? And does that blue wire monitor both doors, or just one?
Thanks.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
The driver's kick panel is the area forward of the door, to the left of the pedals, and under the dash on the driver's side - where you would tend to kick with your left foot.
Just about every car in the world has a whole bunch of wires running down through there to the rear of the car, including many which are used in alarm/remote start installs.
The blue door trigger according to my info should do both doors - however you would want to verify that.
All the ignition switch wires are accessible on the steering column - the switch itself is actually pretty far down there and linked via a rod to the key cylinder. It goes without saying that you're going to verify via a voltmeter that you've got the correct wires.
Additionally, I'm not sure how the starter kill relay is wired on your alarm; I don't have a manual handy for a 350hv and none is posted on this site. Do you have a relay that's pre-wired to the H1 harness, or is it built into the 350hv's brain?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic