icon

viper 600 w/ pkuch2x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing this in a 2007 Dodge Charger. My question is how to hook it up. First wire (brown) goes to ground output when running (-), where does this wire go? Second Green Data in to Mux in vehicle - this would go to the key side of the cut starter wire correct? Violet/White Data out to mux in vehicle - this goes to the starter side of the cut starter wire correct?. Violet - starter in, not sure where this wire goes? would it be the purple (starter output starter side) or green (starter in key side)? Thanks for any and all help you can provide.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
The brown wire from the PKUCH would go to the blue (-) status output from the Viper - "status output" and "GWR" refer to the same type of wire.
You are correct on the green and violet/white wires going to the violet/brown mux wire on the car, assuming you've taken into account the note about the hardware versions.
The PKUCH's violet "starter in" would go to the violet "starter side" from the Viper's XCRS.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
So the violet wire on the XCRS is still going to the starter side wire, and then tap the pkuch's violet wire into it correct?
Thanks for your help.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Can you just tap the violet wire on the pku directly into the violet wire coming from the xcrs?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2008 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  

Certainly...why wouldn't you be able to?

mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, i appreciate it. i have only done a couple basic installs, that is why i ask. A couple more questios. The H1/7 Mutliplex wire, i don't use correct? Would the H1/8 green door triiger input go to the domelight supervision wire? or would h1/9 domelight supervision wire go here? and lastly, would i need to hook up any of the wires from the satellite? i know the blue status output goes to the brown wire on the bypass, but what about the orange 2nd acc, violet starter output or the pink 3rd ignition?
Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any input.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
The 3 wires in the plug with the blue status out aren't necessary on this vehicle.
What color is that multiplex wire you're mentioning? The Viper 600 manuals I have are for older models and the H1/7 is listed as the (+) door trigger on them, so it's probably not the same as yours.
What wire on the car are you calling "domelight supervision"? Also, is the domelight supervision from the alarm listed as a 200mA output?
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
H1/7 is Blue (-)multiplexed input zone 4.
On the wire diagram for the vehicle, it says, DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION YELLOW/WHITE (-), Requires #775 Relay   IN PASSENGER A PILLAR
H1/9 is BLACK/ WHITE (-) 200 mA DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT.
Not sure how I would hook up a 775 relay.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
That blue H1/7 wire goes to the trunk.
The green door trigger wire could go to that domelight supervision wire if you want, though it will likely have 2 issues: it won't sense the doors being opened if you have the dimmer switch turned to the bottom position(where it overrides the domelight altogether), and it will see the delay after the doors are closed as them being still opened(this is usually minor).
If those are problems, you may have to just connect to the 4 individual door trigger wires.
Presumably the wiring info you're using is from Bulldog. 775 is just their part number for a standard SPDT automotive relay which would be used for dome supervision .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic