icon

viper 5900 in a f 150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jibjabhater 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

OK you guys, I could use a little help, before I get started on my install. The item being installed is the viper 5900 alarm/auto start and a xk 04 bypass module for the PATS bypass. The vehicle is an 01 F 150 super crew, 5.4 auto. I have all of the install manuals and vehicle schematics. I have gone through most of the wires and figured out most of them. However there are a few that I am having a hard time with. They are primairly the remote start wires. I will list them with a ? if I am completly lost and a (..) if I am guessing. Thanks for your input. If there are any professional installers out there that want to take a crack at going over all the wires I need to really make it idiot proof for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I can email you everything I have. Thanks again

REMOTE START HARNESS
blue 200 ma=(bypass module)
ORANGE / black=?
violet=?
orange 200ma accessory trigger=?
pink 200ma ignition trigger=?
yellow, ignition input to module=?
pink/white=?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know if I can make it Idiot proof for you but is sounds like the wires you have listed are from the Alarm/Remote Start unit.  The 200 ma  part of it tends to make me believe these wires will only power a relay to get voltage to the appropriate wires of the vehicle.  Following is a list of the wires in the vehicle.  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~8333

jibjabhater 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I have found that wire listing as well as others. The wires I have listed are a mix of main harness wires, and triggers. I was figuring the trigger wires (climate control) would have to go to a relay, but I could not find an example that applied to my application. If there is anyone who can help me further, please let me know and I will email you the viper schematic, and the wire referance sheet for my vehicle to see if you can make since of it. Thanks again.
jibjabhater 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

bump

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
jibjabhater wrote:
REMOTE START HARNESS
blue 200 ma=(bypass module)
ORANGE / black=?
violet=?
orange 200ma accessory trigger=?
pink 200ma ignition trigger=?
yellow, ignition input to module=?
pink/white=?
Right on the blue (-) status out - it goes to the brown GWR on the XK04.
ORANGE / black, if you mean the channel 6 output, can be neglected until you've found something amusing to do with channels 4 and 5.
Violet, presumably the (-) 200mA 2nd starter output, is not needed on your truck.
The pink 200mA 3rd ignition and the orange 200mA 2nd acc. may both be used - you're correct in that they'd go to activate a separate relay for extra ignition/accessory wires.
Yellow ignition input to module is part of the ribbon cable. You need not do anything with that wire - it is normally connected to the pink heavy gauge ignition wire (when the remote start isn't active).
Pink/white, assuming you mean the heavy gauge wire from the relay satellite, is programmable as an ignition or accessory output for remote start.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
jibjabhater 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the update. The last little bit of cloudyness is almost gone. Here is what I still need a little help on.

The pink 200mA 3rd ignition and the orange 200mA 2nd acc, How do I wire them to a relay to activate my climate control wires?

The orange wire I was asking about was the 200ma accessory trigger. Where does that wire go?

WHy would I, or do I need to program the pink/white wire?

Thanks again for the help.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Any output, anywhere, which is designated as a 200mA (-) output(or some other current which is in the milliamp range) is designed only to drive a relay.
As far as the ignition/accessory relays, wire as follows:
85 - 200mA (-) ign./accy. output from XCRS.
86, 87 - 12V constant fused - they can be tapped onto the two red supply lines to the XCRS between the 30A fuseholder and the XCRS itself.
30 - whichever individual ignition or accessory wire you need to power.
The pink/white is programmable for flexibility. As an example, if you were installing the 5900 on a car which had 1 ignition and 2 accessory wires at the harness, you could program it to act as an "accessory" instead of the default "ignition"(i.e. it would drop out during cranking). On some cars it's important to be able to do that. Your truck really isn't one of them however.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic