icon

2008 pontiac g6 keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mplmpl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

i was told that installing a keyless entry on a 08 Pontiac G6 with power door locks would extremely expensive by CC. Ive done one before on a diff. car and it wasn't a big deal. are there any reasons a G6 would be so difficult?

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

It has nothing to do with being a G6, but it has every thing to do with being a current GM product.   All of their new vehicles are controlled by a computer.  It is known as a databus system.  A single wire performs multiple tasks.  The modules that interface with the vehicle are not cheap.  

This is possible without a databus module, however it does require some very intricate soldering.  Minimum soldering status is Ninja, Jedi status would be a plus.  If you know someone with at least Ninja status and need instructions let me know. 

davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
mplmpl wrote:

i was told that installing a keyless entry on a 08 Pontiac G6 with power door locks would extremely expensive by CC. Ive done one before on a diff. car and it wasn't a big deal. are there any reasons a G6 would be so difficult?

do you want to add power door locks? meaning the car now has manual doorlocks?   if that is the case it will be expensive because most of the new cars(not sure about G6) use a cable maual doorlock system instead of the standar rod system.   so it's a bit more difficult to add power door locks(labor intensive if done right).   if your only wanting to add only keyless entry( car has power doorlocks) then you might have to pay for a extra module and in that case that would be the reason for the extra charge.

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
mplmpl 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
thanks. if you could send instructions that would be great. i think i can find someone to solder, that has just received his ninja status...
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have done several trucks and suburbans, never a G6.  This is what needs to happen.  You need to remove  and completely disassemble a door lock switch on the vehicle.  There is a circuit board with contacts on the top of it.  There is a rubber membrane that contains a conductive material that makes contact with the contacts on the board.  DO NOT solder to the contacts at this point.  There are 3 seperate contacts, a Lock an Unlock and a common connection shared by both.  You need to identify and follow the 3 traces back to a suitable spot to make your solder connections.  On the trucks they all go through the board at some point and go to a 16 or 18 pin surface mount chip.  Be very careful and use an ohm meter to make sure you have the right pin on the chip.  Once verified you will need some very small wire, An IDE cable from a computer's hard drive works great.   Peel off 3 lengths of the cable and solder one to each of the 3 connections.  Run these wires out of the switch assy.  This wire is not the toughest wire out there.  When you connect it to the 3 wires that you will run through the boot and into the car, you will need to fasten them somehow to remove any chance of stress on the small wires.  Simply run the 3 wires through the boot and into the cabin and use 2 relays to simulate the actual button being pressed when the keyless in activated.  I will draw pictures of relays if you need.  It will be this evening.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Chriswallace just pointed out to me that you do not need anything other than a single resistor to lock and unlock your vehicle. 
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
2008 pontiac g6 keyless entry -- posted image.Power Unlock WHITE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND TRIM AT FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE ON PASSENGER SIDE 2008 pontiac g6 keyless entry -- posted image.
2008 pontiac g6 keyless entry -- posted image.PowerLock WHITE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND TRIM AT FRONT OF CENTER CONSOLE ON PASSENGER SIDE 2008 pontiac g6 keyless entry -- posted image.

PIN #66 - TAN PLUG, USES 1.5K RESISTOR TO GROUND TO TRIGGER UNLOCK

PIN #66 - TAN PLUG - USES STRAIGHT GROUND TO TRIGGER LOCK

Thanks Chris 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic