icon

01 eclipse infiniti audio system problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joshua1221 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

I was trying to hook up a JVC aftermarket CD Player, i bought a the wiring harness from Wal Mart, got all the wires connected, but the head unit does not turn on as if there is no power. I read a earlier forum of maybe the ground being bad or grounding it yourself. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to tomorrow. If anyone who knows whats the problem please any info will help.

In order to lead, one must learn to follow...
joshboogie 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
DO you have a multimeter?
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
I do not have a multimeter but i do have a reader when it has a positive 12 volt ground an LED lights up blue, when a positive 12 volt supply it will light up Red.  
joshboogie 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
I'd throw that test light in the trash and go buy a meter. Without a meter it's going to be hard to find the problem.
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I was reading a earlier forum and someone had the same problem with their Eclipse,  i'm trying to figure out what they did to make the doodie work. What should i do w/ the multimeter just see that if the cd player is getting enough juice?
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Mitsubishi's do not have a ground in the harness, you have to run your own ground to the chassis. Also, you said it was the infinity system in the car, that does not use the standard mitsubishi harness there is a standard plug behind the radio but it only has illumination, 12V, and acc. and there is a round plug behind the radio this is where the signal goes to the amp. You need to buy the harness that has this round plug as well (you will need a radio with 2 sets of RCA outs front and rear) or bypass the amp which is under the passenger seat.
--->Richard
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
The round plug can be picked up at any audio store i'm assuming, (hoping). I planned on bypassing the amp w/ my own and inregards of the 2 rca cables that just if i wasn't bypassing the amp right? I want to make sure i get everything understood before i go out and buy more things, i apperciate your help.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

that's correct.. If you're going to bypass the amp then you won't need RCA's, or for that matter the round integration plug!  you will however need some speaker wire to be run to the factory amp...it's a hell of a lot easier if you remove the seat!

As far as your radio not turning on....it's more than likely going to be your ground wire!  As ferretvw said, ground it to the chassis!!

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, i grounded it got the CD Player working. I coorelated the wires to the factory amp and plugged them into the back of my CD player, got it working good. All of a sudden i go to close my sunroof, it turns off the damn CD player, i go back see if i crossed the wires w/ the sunroof wire but i didn't. I go to start my damn car and it won't turn over to start. It looks like the ground from the batter to the chasis is pretty corroded so i'm going to replace that tomorrow, if that doodie don't work I don't know. My wifes wized, haha. Any suggestions?
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
check your fuses.....don't know how you could blow a main fuse at the factory amp to keep your car from starting though!  check the ones under the hood too!!
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic