icon

compustar 2wfm as

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mond789 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have this installed about 4 years ago. today, i toke a trip out of town when i got back the compustar did not response to my remote. i then tried to reprogram the compustar with the turning on/off and that didn't work. i have tried with the backup remote without the LCD display and that failed to work. what is the next step of troubleshooting? thanks.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
next step would be to find the alarm brain inside your dash and with a multi tester find out if you still have power, maybe you blew a fuse.     before that you should probly make sure that your remote battery is good.  can also check your led light make sure it's not solid as that would mean that your alarm is in valet mode.  hope that helps
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
mond789 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
the battery is fully charged for the LCD remote. the LED light is not on. if everything is working normally then the reprogramming should work?
i didn't have much daylight so i haven't test the wires but the wires look tightly tie with the zip tie and black tape.
mond789 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
i have probed with a DMM on the CM300 red(+), RED / white and black(-) wires. all 3 wires show connectivity. i pulled out the hardness and plug it back after the probing but i did not probe from the hardness. should i have probe from the hardness? because there is no respond from the alarm i did not probe anywhere else. i don't know how to probe the antenna. does anyone know how?
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

im a bit foggy about the wire colors for the compustart but i belive that if you have one (+) 12v wire then your alarm has power so its not a blown fuse or cut/pinched wire.   make sure the black wire has a (-) ground signal maybe the alarm lost ground some how.   after you check the power and ground with out looking at it personaly, im gonna have to assume that your alarm unit is broken in some way.    i wish i could point out some more test to run on the alarm for you but since i can't recall exact wire colors/pin locations, it might end up doing more harm than good.   

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
mond789 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help i think i found the problem. because there was no respond from the alarm. i pulled down and separated all the wires and go over one by one. i have more time on the weekend. i found the third fuse and it is for 12v constant. i originally checked the red wire 12v constant before the fuse and the DMM showed power but i did not check after the fuse. i should have checked close to the hardness area. anyways, the fuse socket looks a bit melted. i will need to replace the socket. does anyone know the amp that is needed for this 12v constant. it is a compustar CM3000 unit. i will need to get a fuse to confirm first.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
30amp fuse bro. (green)
"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic