Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

5- audi A8 (prior to CAN system)

4- benz 500 SL (prior to CAN system)

3- 96 - 99 doge durango ( not really hard but just a freeking problem car, hate doing any type of alarm/starter on thee)

2- rolls royce silver shadow (or something to that effect)   or anything else that's old expensive and falling apart.

1- any ford with the pellet thing. i hate that pellet with a passion it's almost always a sure comeback.

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
lillred wrote:
ok so here is my prob i got this viper3002 alarm forme one of my friends and do not know anything about it other than it works what i want to put it in is a 2000 pontiac grand am and i am lost dont know where any of the wires go except the power any help would be great thanks kendall
If you are that unsure, then pay a proper shop to put it in.
Seriously.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
I don't really have a top 5 however I will say that the hardest I have ever done is an 09 Murano, the only tech info I had to go on was "It's mostly the same as an 07 Altima" most of the ignition wires in that car go under the hood and the wires for the locks have to go through door molex plus it has the no key needed intellikey, no bypass made for it (the XK07 mostly works), and to top it off the wires that do not go under the hood go to the BCM which is behind the instrument cluster and has, no exaggeration, about 1 inch where you can tap and solder about 10 connections. That car is a pain in the butt, however I can tell my customer that he is one of the few out there with a rem start on his
--->Richard
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Suzuki Grand Vitara, Corolla, Camary, Civic, Accord, everything else besides these vehicle are difficult in my book.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.most difficult cars, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Thank goodness for two data protocol huh

"dont ground out!"
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Chryslers. Damn difficult before XKs came to be. But recently the 08 Wranglers have been a damn thorn in my side. Just did a Viper 5900, 4 spkrs, 4 channel and lemme tell ya, get an impact wrench to take out the seats. Or roid it up first. most difficult cars, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
boosh!!
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

"lemme tell ya, get an impact wrench to take out the seats. Or roid it up first. most difficult cars, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image."

Lol!!!!

audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say my hardest alarm install so far, is the 08 Dodge charger cop car, I got stuck on. It needs about a million resistors and relays for every hook up.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
well take a look at the tech info on it. tag and test all your wires. if this is your first install, make sure you set aside mininal 3 hours. it could take you up to 6 first time.
audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2008 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ok nevermind it was actually easy. Just use a bunch of relays and resistors for the 08 dodge chargers
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic