the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1st sq comp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I just finished my first ever SQ competition with IASCA rules and I got 1st place in the Pro class, in 2nd place for best install, lost by 1 point. I'll get it next comp :)
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet... That means (if I can EVER get to a sandtioned event) even *I* have a chance!
I'd better work on the install tho... That POS'd never pass muster!
HUGE gratz to ya!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! You do have a chance!
I have always been picky with my system, running from the home stereo back to the truck, then to the rta, then back to the home stereo, then back to the truck for a few nights last week brought my system over the top I guess.
I learned everything I know from this forum.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
OUTSTANDING!!  I love SQ Comp.  Did anything about the judging process surprise you?
Support the12volt.com
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Congrats! It's always nice to be able to back up advise with a solid win!

Alpine Guy 
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
OUTSTANDING!! I love SQ Comp. Did anything about the judging process surprise you?
Nope, nothing about the judging surprised me, I did my research and read over the rule book more then a few times, so I knew what I was getting myself into. I was overly prepared.
I am however going to tinker with the system more to play with my imaging, I lost a few point because my mids bring my sound stage down a little.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Understand, and it can be frustrating.  Soundstage is a very subjective thing and I used to lose points all the time on that no matter what I did.  You just can't please every judge and if it can't be measured, you have to reply on guessing what they will think.  That's when being on the circuit and knowing what a particular set of judges want comes in handy.  :)  Did this comp use an RTA or was it all "by ear"?
Support the12volt.com
Alpine Guy 
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, there was an RTA used, I got different results than the one that I used which seemed weird to me. The RTA at the comp was showing too much bass but I refused to turn it down to get a near perfect RTA score according to that RTA, and in the end it worked in my favor because everyone else had their subs turned down too much for the sit in judging, mine scored me a perfect 10 for the sub bass.
DYohn 
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
RTAs must be calibrated to the mic being used.  Different ones will often give different results.  Sounds like you were right to trust your setup. 
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic