icon

wiring two amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pickledcrib 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Memphis PRD1000.1 for my sub and a Infinity Reference 475a for my highs i know how to install a single amp. What I'm trying to figure out is how to incorporate my amp for my highs in the easist way possible. Can anyone help me out in trying to figure out how to install two amp wit a dual kit or installing both anyway, or would it be easier just geting some more power and ground wire. If you have a diagram it would be great. Thanks
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
If you have a big enough power for for both amps and the main fuse will support both amps. Your good jut get more wire and 2 distro blocks and your good. To figure out the amperage add the fuses up on the amps and make sure its under the number on the main. Ex amp1 has one 20amp fuse and amp 2 has 3 20amp fuses so your main fuse should be 80amps or 120amps max if this is your case get the distro blocks .if not run the main power wire to the trunk example 4awg to a t block distro split the power and do the same for the ground make sure your grounds stay under 3ft. Don't add another ground in your trunk you don't want any ground loops split the ground you have with a t block as well as for rcas if your radio has more than 1 rca preout use it. If not get a active crossover. And last remote out use your first amps wire as a primary and slave it off it .anymore questions post
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
pickledcrib 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

wat if i would just make da sub amp my prime amp n slave everything off of that one to the high amp

still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
So your saying you want to make one amp (the sub amp) to be your main one and have the amp for your rear/fronts be brigdged off that . It will work but that would make your sub to have two amps and the others wit nothing someone correct me if inm wrong. But to bridge amps they must be the same watts/channels etc.
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
You cannot bridge two amps together (unless they are specifically designed for that.)  I think the OP is talking about daisy-chaining power and remote turn-on from one amp to the next.  Is that correct?
Support the12volt.com
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I understand what your saying about the bridging amps shoulda been more exact on words and yeah I wrote that about daisy chain the remote wires but I didn't use that exact words I wrote he coulda slaved off the first amp. I think he needs to write exactly wht he has and we should tell him best way to wire it up right
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic