expedition 2007 oem alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsanchez71 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I installed a Viper 5900 to this truck, is there any way to disarm the OEM security  system with the viper system, I have looked several data sheets and I can't find a disarm methode, or the customer will have to live with the two remotes?

Any help will be appreciated.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
According to an Astroflex chart it statest that you must pulse a YELLOW /GREEN wire and PURPLE / GREEN wire to disarm the car .  It is at the same connector where you got the door lock wires and are both negative trigges.  Make sure you diode isolate it and let us know if it worked.  If im not mistaked you can use the GREEN/ black wire coming from a red connector off the viper alarm system.  Good Luck.
jsanchez71 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I will try it tomorrow and let you guys know if it works.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
so, I've installed on lots of these trucks and NONE of them had any alarm at all.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
My first thought too, never encountered a factory alarm in a newer Expedition and i think the reason is you need the factory remote to arm it. If the guy would just not use that remote it would probably never arm...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
jsanchez71 wrote:

Guys,

I installed a Viper 5900 to this truck, is there any way to disarm the OEM security  system with the viper system, I have looked several data sheets and I can't find a disarm methode, or the customer will have to live with the two remotes?

Any help will be appreciated.

Is the factory security being triggered? It should not "arm" from simply locking.

Hey Enice... how do you like the heated seat option on the astrochart?

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

Kartuneman I think we have a watered down version of the Astrochart because it states on our system that "it can't be done" when you look for the heated seat option.  Although its really cool that it offers defrost wire color and location on top of the many pics that it has.  I love that.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Thats what I was talkin bout.... The first time I have ever seen "it can't be done"

There is no such thing as a watered down version .......

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Well im happy that I have the full version then...we actually get the astrocharts only when we look up vehicles under CANADA on directechs from DEI.  Man....those guys got it down pack.  We were doing a 2004 highlander and the door lock connections were easy the way they explained.  No cutting the door lock detection wire just pulse a different wire for lock that DEI did not mention on the US diagrams and it worked!!!!So far....Im trying to see how we can try out some of their alarms here at my new job.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic