icon

wiring diagram for merc mach system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rushman2112 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ive looked in the 12v data base for wiring diagram for 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with the factory Mach system. It only shows color codes for the non amped system. I need to replace the damaged factory radio with a new after market but not sure how to wire into the factory amp or even bypass it.
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
 something like  part # svhfd2 (found it on the web you can do the same) should do the trick if the amp/speakers are still ok, the new after market radio should play thru the OEM system using the harness.   if the OEM system is not working then you can either go behid the back right intirior panel and find the amp there (you can use a speaker tester to find wires) and bypass it or save your self the wire problem and just run wires to each speaker from behind the radio(labor instensive but effective).  hope that helps
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
rushman2112 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2008 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
thank you davngr. what is part # svhfd2 and what does it do? I figured I could just bypass the amp and run all new speaker wires but I was trying to avoid all that like you said , kinda labor intensive. The Mach system in the Mountaineer has a small sub in the rear panel I was trying to use that again also but may need to bypass it for now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic