icon

audiovox aps785 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beattie96 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2008 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having two small programing issues that the manuals don't describe how to fix.
The first is both my remotes "lock/arm" button lock and unlock the car and my "unlock/disarm" button does the same 1st press locks/arms, second press unlocks/disarms.
The second issue I'm having is my remotes start works great only if I unlock/disarm the car first before remote starting.
If I don't unlock/disarm and try to remote start the alarm responds with command received chirp and the car cycles three times to start, with the ignition coming on but doesn't crank. If I unlock/disarm during the 3 cycle the remote start attempts it will remote start successfully.
If any one knows how to resolve these two issues please help.
beatdog
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
1. The APS-785 is an older model. It's supposed to have a 3-button remote, with one button for lock/unlock (together), the remote starter button, and the option button.
There's nothing you can really do about it, but it's OK to use the 4-button remotes you have.
If it really does bug you, you could upgrade to a newer unit (APS-786, APS-786T, APS-787, APS-787A).............or buy some old-style 3-button remotes for your unit.
2. Probably you have the yellow remote starter output connected to the wrong "side" of the car's starter wire.
You did cut the car's starter wire in half..............connect one side to the starter kill relay's WHITE/ black.........and the other side to the starter kill relay's black........right?
Anyway, so where you've cut the car's factory starter wire in half.........we'll call the two halves the "key side" (coming from ignition switch) and "engine side" (going into the car's dashboard).
The yellow starter wire output must be on the "car side" of that wire you cut.
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2008 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your response.
Still confused about the remote. These are the remotes that I got with the alarm and they have always been four button remotes.
The lock and unlock buttons use to work indepedantly and the intall manual to the APS-785 mentions these remotes having them independent.
Anyway I'm good with what your saying but how would you explain the two buttons working independently before?
Aslo I went to best buy today and a tech there said the actual remotes where programed to be one button lock and unlock but could be programed to be work the way they are or how I want them, but he needed a manual for the actual remotes because he could not remember how to do it.
Is this bum information? I cant seem to find this manual anywhere on the net not even the Audiovox Site...any ideas on where to find this "manual".
I will look into the yellow wire and post my findings...thanks
beatdog
installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
you need to try reprogamming the remotes and reprioritizing the remotes.  try turning the ign on and pressing the valet(programming) button three times  then press the lock function on the remotes, press the valet again and press unlock on the remotes  then press valet again and press starter button on the remotes and once again to program the 4th button
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 04, 2008 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, maybe I'm wrong about the APS-785 then.
I install more Pursuit than Prestige, and even though it's pretty much the same product, the model numbers are all different.
And what the guy at Best Buy told you is right. If you program Channel 1 (lock) but then (intenioally or unintentionally) skip the Channel 2 (unlock) programming, you'll have single button arm/disarm, as you have now.
I would do what installmarc said, go in and program the remotes again, being careful to program all four channels.
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'm sure it is a programing/learning issue with the remotes themselves... I just didn't know how to program them or could find a manual for doing it... I'll let you know if this works.
beatdog
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2008 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Chris, Thanks for the advice on the yellow wire I fixed it today...remote start now works armed and unarmed.
One small thing that is now an issue that-I'm willing to live with by turning the sensitivity down on the shock sensor is that when the car is remote started while armed the alarm is triggers which technically should not be possible; according to the manuals the shock sensor is suppose to be suspended while motor is running... any comment on this.
beatdog
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Installmarc, Thanks for the remote programing information. It worked great.
Cris, Thanks for your help as well.
beatdog

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic