icon

1984 Blazer S-10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tuneman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
Sweeeeet. I used to have an 86' with a 383 stroker and 700r tranny. 425 horses, 450lbs torque, mild cam, I used 3 different 4 barrels, but the Carter AFB was actually my favorite (smaller primarys and larger secondarys). Lowered 5 and 6 I believe. I do remember that the frame sat 2 1/2 inches off the ground. Its was tons of fun and got me a few tickets too. I never ran into an import that could take me off the line though. And of course a pretty cool system.
upscaler 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

jayson33 wrote:
Never heard of him. Is he a custom auto or is he in the Basic insurance autobody repair ?

Yeah he did custom stuff.  He made it into minitruckin once I think, and he did lotsa paint work.

He may have moved out of the area by now though, that has been about 15 yrs ago.

Tim

jayson33 
Copper - Posts: 165
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Not doggin' on him just never heard of him I've lived in this area my whole live it went to VU over by Fort Wayne

to collage for art

My wife thinks bagging a truck means you kick it in the truck nuts
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Jason, are you gonna lower that at all?
jayson33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

It has been lowerd 4" on front and 6" on the back I still need to get the drop springs put in but I have to take it

in this week for front end alligament there going to install them for me it will drop front 1 1/2"   Can't get a normal hydraluic jack under frame now had to use the pancake jack from shop. To install tires and rims

I think without groundeffects it does not look as low

jayson33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

tuneman wrote:
Sweeeeet. I used to have an 86' with a 383 stroker and 700r tranny. 425 horses, 450lbs torque, mild cam, I used 3 different 4 barrels, but the Carter AFB was actually my favorite (smaller primarys and larger secondarys). Lowered 5 and 6 I believe. I do remember that the frame sat 2 1/2 inches off the ground. Its was tons of fun and got me a few tickets too. I never ran into an import that could take me off the line though. And of course a pretty cool system.

Don't care much for the holley that I installed should have went with something different

04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
oh, it just looked like alot of space between the tire and the well, but the old school wall behind the seats is wicked sick
jayson33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
There only 17" rims with 205/40/17 tires Could have went with bigger tires but would have made speedo incorrect not a good idea with a 16 year old going to be drivin' it. And me paying for insurance....
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
You could have gone larger on the rims but gone with a 35 or 30 series tire.  It would be the same diameter if you matched it up right.  We put 18's and 19's on those type of vehicles all the time.  Not so much 19's as they are an odd size and finding the right rubber to wrap the rim's tends to get difficult.
jayson33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

megaman wrote:
You could have gone larger on the rims but gone with a 35 or 30 series tire.  It would be the same diameter if you matched it up right.  We put 18's and 19's on those type of vehicles all the time.  Not so much 19's as they are an odd size and finding the right rubber to wrap the rim's tends to get difficult.

17" rims with 205/40/17 nitto tires have the same over all diam. As the stock 15" with O.E.M tire size

these 40s are even with outside of the finder wells is +2 on the rims   35 or 30 series tires I dont want

mickeythompson drag slicks all the way around. Would had to tub all four fender wells. And its not a show truck I built it for my son everything is

the way he wanted it. If it was mine I would have done some things to my taste. But I think Its O.K. for

my sons first ride ever.. I know my first car had so many rust holes in it.  Looked like it had been attacked

by machinegun fire rims did not even match. I told him he had $10,000 to get his first car and this is what he wanted. A custom Blazer you dont buy custom you build it. Not only the time I got to spend with my son

and able to teach him some things about Motors ,autobody,Painting, I would sugest every father doing something like this with there son or daughter. I made some of the choices as a father Like the blue chip

under the dash that he does not know about  w/GPS tracking. Know how fast he is drivin' and were he is.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic