icon

responder le feedback problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

You said, "Just discovered reliable procedure for RS - to press "Lock" and after 2 seconds "Remote start" - gives 100% result."

It doesn't start if you just press START? What are the symptoms if you just press START? Is it programmed for double press? Is it possible that the OEM alarm disarms only at UNLOCK button not START?

As for the D2D colors, you just need to make sure that pins correspond at both ends and that they do no cross over. Molex color is insignificant and was used as an identifier at time of packaging.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
a137 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=Big Dog]

You said, "Just discovered reliable procedure for RS - to press "Lock" and after 2 seconds "Remote start" - gives 100% result."

It doesn't start if you just press START? What are the symptoms if you just press START? Is it programmed for double press? Is it possible that the OEM alarm disarms only at UNLOCK button not START?

It does start when I press start in short period after arming (didn't check timing yet). After a while pressing start triggers factory alarm and car actually doesn't start remotely .
As alldata says:
"ARMING
WK jeep's factory alarm (VTA) activates in 16 seconds after pressing Lock button and it disarms only at Unlock on factory remote. Opening driver door by key triggers alarm as well.
DISARMING
For vehicles built for the North American market, passive disarming of the VTA occurs by turning the ignition switch to the On position using a valid Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) key. Active disarming of the VTA for all markets occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the Unlock button of the RKE transmitter. Once the alarm has been activated, either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm."
(Mine Jeep is NA version).
I guess what is passive disarming?
I understood your thought that factory alarm doesn't properly communucate with RS.
I will doublecheck with 16 sec period, cause in my case pressing Lock does activates this 16 sec. delay again.
However XK 532 manual states that brown wire takes care about "Factory Alarm Arm/ Disarm + RF Transponder 2nd Generation Sentry Bypass". So, as I understood, it should be software controlled by XK module through combination of MUX and RF transponder outputs - simulating passive disarming with "valid" key in ON position.
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
Some more updates
16 seconds are crucial.
Before factory alarm arms (less than 16 sec.), car starts fine, however I noticed some electronic glitches that doesn't effect remote start process - 2-3 seconds after successful remote start instrument panel lights up two times and then one more time once for 1 second (all check bulbs go on like key was turned from ACC to ON position and back). Is it virtual tach in combination with anti-grind related?
During installation I noticed that factory default starter cranck time is not enough and car starts only after second attempt, so I increased cranck time one step up.
If Start when 16 seconds passed after Lock: instrument panel lights up for a half second then factory alarm triggers (horn+parking lights+Hi-beams).
Sometimes it gives U1411 code (unknown) and security led stays on until code is cleared.
Should I install relay on GWR wire and 1kOm resistor on pink starter input wire of XK532?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

In vehicles like yours that have OEM antigrind, I program the system for "Engine checking off" and up the crank time to 4 seconds. The ECM knows when to release the starter.

Yes, put the 1k from the pink starter wire to ground. The XK532 requires a pull-down for Chrysler vehicles without a traditional starter wire.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Fixed some misatekes in wiring, problem still persists.
Foud that XK module can be fed by +12 V both via D2D cable and usual red wire. Fixed power feed via red wire,
aforementioned "2-3 seconds after successful remote start instrument panel lights up two times and then one more time once for 1 second" gone.
Checked by multimeter voltages at all connected wires
If press Start before 16+17=33 seconds (before factory alrm arms, Pink H3/1 Ignition1, Blue RS output, Pink RS Ignition1 wires of Clifford are steady On after Remote start.
If I press Start when 33 seconds passed after Lock: instrument panel lights up for a half second then factory alarm triggers (horn+parking lights+Hi-beams). Voltage on Blue RS output, Ignition1, Pink RS Ignition1 wires pulses just for half a second as well (relays inside the Cliffird tick) and factory alarm triggers.
However if I press Start again right after that, factory alarm goes off, and car does remote start.
Did 1 kOm resistor and relay for XK module with no positive result
Just wonder - Pink Start wire of XK module should be wired to Alarm side or car side of Starter wire. I connected mine to Violet starter output at H3, could starter kill relay interfere with RS in that case
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Some updates on feedback problem.
Feedback problem solved.
Got replacement set. Checked antenna module, antenna cable and remotes. All of them are OK. The problem is inside the main module, which doesn't generate any feedback signal. The new brain does - feedback, status and cabin temperature reporting.
Compared PCBs of functional and semi-functional "brains".
Layout
PCB layout is a bit different, but only on some grounging and 12 volt feed lines, which is not a root of problem. All BICs and DIP ICs are identical, SMD components has the same nominals, the only visible difference is that manufacturers of on-board relays are different.
Voltages
DC voltages at all BICs and ICs are the same.
Data buses.
Communucation line between antenna module and main Microchip processor looks like is one bi-directional line which is strait (contains only load resistor and filtering capasitor).
D2D line has for pins: ground, +12 V, data and some like 5V (suppose it's sync line).
Will try to check both data lines.
However D2D is less suspected, cause it does bi-directional communucation - lock/unlock and rear hatch glass (it does factory alarm disarming during hatch opening as well) and trigers DEI alarm from alram originated by factory vehicle intrusion system.
Interesting - in Jeep WK D2D transmits brake signal via data, no W2W for brake required. I disconnected hardwired Brown brake shutdown (+) wire and was surprised because "remote start brake defeat" worked without this wire. This is good news for "lazy" people - one wire to wire less when using D2D.
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Still have problems with disarming factory alarm during remote start.
I can do successful RS in three cases
1. Right after locking the car (before factory alarm siwtches on), wich is not usefull at all.
2. After 30 seconds if I do Lock and RS in sequence, which is acceptable in most cases for me but doesn't work with Smart start (temperature based RS)and Timer mode.
3. I can do RS without pressing Lock beforhand, but in that case RS triggers alarm, however if I'm quick enough and can press RS again, it shuts down alarm and does RS.
For Jeep disarming without opening is (Ignition + valid Centy key combination) and XK module should care about this, why it does that differently?
BTW, my remote has one feature which I cannot switch off - after a while it requires to press any button twice (double press) to do required action, something like safety feature but not described in manual. Right after completing any command (20-30 seconds) one press is eniugh. Where is and acplanation of this???
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
1. Right after locking the car (before factory alarm siwtches on), wich is not usefull at all.
2. After 30 seconds if I do Lock and RS in sequence, which is acceptable in most cases for me but doesn't work with Smart start (temperature based RS)and Timer mode.
3. I can do RS without pressing Lock beforhand, but in that case RS triggers alarm, however if I'm quick enough and can press RS again, it shuts down alarm and does RS.
For Jeep disarming without opening is (Ignition + valid Centy key combination) and XK module should care about this, why it does that differently?
BTW, my remote has one feature which I cannot switch off - Right after completing any command (20-30 seconds) one press is enough, after a while it requires to press any button twice (double press) to do required action, something like safety feature, not described in manual. Hiq to switch this feature off???
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
BTW, my remote has one feature which I cannot switch off - Right after completing any command (20-30 seconds) one press is enough, after a while it requires to press any button twice (double press) to do required action, something like safety feature, not described in manual. Hiq to switch this feature off???
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  
Clarification
Sorry, due to browser problem preplicated topic.
Regarding double press.
After first press remote beeps and the syren in the car chirps twice but doors doesn't unlock.
After second press remote beeps and syren chirps twice again, parking lights flash and the car unlocks.
The same for Lock.
DEI (both control module and remote) are all factory default except auto transmission enabled in menu #3.
Couldn't manage progressive unlock working. The car has progressive unlock and it works from factory remote, XK module programmed for progressive also, but DEI works all doors at once. Could it be related to the problem above?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic