icon

supercode protocol info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
a137 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2008 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Where can I get additinal information regarding Supercode protocol and ESP2 protocol? I'm not goung to go into chrypto things, just want to understand "handshake" procedure between remote and main module.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

Sure, no problem. Then we'll have to kill you.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I swear, I'll burn out all written materials BEFORE reading them.
Have no possibility to replace brains, 2-way remote or antenna module to pinpoint where is the clue for feedback error, which I get after every command.
My guess, which I want to confirm, is that I have hardware problem, because for every issued command car reply with more or less correct action (lock, unlock, remote start etc.) but confirmation gets lost somewhere regardless of distance between remote and
Cause every remote instruction SHOULD be one-way conversation (we have 1-way and 2-way remotes), signal dissapears both between brain and antenna module (data or RF in cable transmission paths) or in RF field (RF transmitter in antenna module) or remote's receiver is damaged. Tht's what I want to verify step by step.
My first question is - is antenna module connected to brains by databus?
Second question - If xk module doesn't send door trigger signal properly to Clifford responder LE via D2D cable could it be the reason for feedback error?
I also cannot retrive remotedly lock/unlock status and cabin temperature, is it also related to D2D problems?
Big Dog 
Posted: August 08, 2008 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

Based on what you said, I assume you have a Clifford 3.3X.

If it gives a horrible noise and lights the red LED on the TX everytime you press a button, then you've probably got a bad antenna. Yes it's data between brain and antenna.

Cabin temp is between the antenna and TX and not affected by D2D.

What happens when the system is armed and you trigger the door or trunk switch to ground rather than through the XK?

What about triggering the impact - does it notify you?

a137 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2008 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:

Based on what you said, I assume you have a Clifford 3.3X.

yes I got clifford

What happens when the system is armed and you trigger the door or trunk switch to ground rather than through the XK?

all door triggers and switches are connected via XK, if I open the door when armed, alarm triggers, if I simulate closed hood switch during arming, system notifies me that it bypasses hood switch.
I'll check with hood switch, trying to close it when armed, cause it runs directly to clifford.

What about triggering the impact - does it notify you?

through remote - no , although both horn and siren sound
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2008 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you have an earlier date code on your 3.3x then it's most likely just a bad unit.  DEI had a wave of bad units, both Viper and Clifford, when they first came out on the market, and have since repaired the communication problems.  Swap out the brain, remote, and antenna with a new unit and your communication problems should go away.
Big Dog 
Posted: August 11, 2008 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

megaman wrote:
DEI had a wave of bad units, both Viper and Clifford, when they first came out on the market, and have since repaired the communication problems.  Swap out the brain, remote, and antenna with a new unit and your communication problems should go away.

Firstly: Let's not overreact. You make a "wave" sond like a tsunami. I have 5701 from March and all my early production pieces are still in the field. Although I did replace a control center (antenna) or two for a badly glued LED.

Secondly: Unfortunately he can't swap out . . .he doesn't have inventory. It would be wise though to find a friendly DEI dealer in your neighborhood who would be willing to render a good will service and swap the control center and test the results.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic