icon

98 grand prix, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisbaldwin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
i have just bought a 98 grand prix and i need somehelp with the system i want to put  in.......... i have a cd player i want to put in but i dont have tha waring harness for tha car so my buddy took it all apart and cut the stock one off and now when he put it back in it wont even play the stcok cd player now and i really want to put in  the  new cd plaer i have in but i dont know how to go about it and i wlould really like for some help ....just send me an email...... or post back if you can help me out
*^chris^*
smoothdesignz 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
The reason you may have an issue is because there are a few wires in the harness that are the same colors. It's not going to be easy to figure out which wire does what without some knowledge with a digital multimeter. It would really help with a tone generator since that would tell you which wires run to the speakers. Get a wiring diagram off of this site and grab a DMM, and start checking to see which wires run to the speakers... once you have those figured out you will be well on your way.
95 Mazda 626
Pioneer DEH-P960MP
DEI Stilleto
Boston Acoustic SL60 Front
Boston Acoustic S85 Rear
Alpine V12 MRV-F407
Alpine V12 MRV-T757
2 Rockford Fosgate P2D412
Python 990 Alarm/RemStart

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic