icon

astrostart 1100 key wont start vehicle.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fallenangel 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 gmc sonoma with an astrostart 1100 installed.

the proplem is that the truck would start with the key only some times and run for diffrent durations or randomly shut off when you press the brakes,  now it will only start witht the command start but not the key.

there was an old post on here abou this problem but the solution (holding down the stop button for 3 secs) didnt do anything.

even if i had to uninstall it, that would be fine i just want the truck to run. if im uninstalling it is there anything i should know about this starter?

thanks in advance

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
you could have an anti-grind relay latched...... i've had a few XCRS packs do that on me.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Fallenangel 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

it turns over with the key but will not start.

none of the dash lights come on and the fuel pump does not turn on, how ever if i hit the start button on the remote the truck starts perfectly.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Check the pink wire at the ignition switch for 12 volt with the switch being turned on. If 12 volt is present, check the fuse #10 for ECM ign.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

I'll see if I can get you some REAL help!

Relax a min.

ppg231 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

You know, even an anti-theft relay won't cause this problem cause they are made to be hooked up to the start wire, not ignition. The ignition feed test is really where you need to start. That wire should be only taped to in the RS installation and not cut, specially to prevent that kind of issue and cause an accident by the lost of power steering and other vital things to the vehicle.

I suggest these steps:

See if the Pink is powered up when you turn the key ON

Yes; You should have dash lights and truck should start and run normally. Wiggle the wires and see if the truck stops and if you loose power on the pink wire at the same time. If so, look for bad connection at the ignition switch connector of the vehicle
NO; Wiggle the wires and see if power comes back. Look at bad connection near the ignition switch connector.

Personnaly, i don't think the RS have something to do with the issue you encounter. BE SURE THE PINK WIRE IN NOT CUT ANYWHERE and have any kind of relay in-line. Something attached to it cannot cause this, only something that opens the circuit.

Hope that helps!

PatG

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
astrostart 1100 key wont start vehicle. -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic