icon

98 nissan maxima bose system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ldpfeifer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

I am going to install a Motorola t605 bluetooth in a 1998 Nissan Maxima with a stock Bose stereo system.  Somewhere in my serches I thought I read where the speakers in this system have their own amplifier and you need to tap the speaker beyond this amp?  I would like to use the existing front L speaker or speakers if possible but want to make sure with a relay that I can tap the speaker wire behind the stereo and do not have to go all the way to the door mounted speaker.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Lyle

chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
tag at amp.  there should be an amp under your seat. or behind the center of the dash.
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2008 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

the motorola 605t uses it's own speaker to output sound, so you shouldn't need to tap into speaker leads into the vehicle at all. if you want to mute the audio automatically when a call comes through, use a relay to open the the remote turn on signal behind the radio to shut off the amps.

if you have your heart set on using the existing car speakers to output sound, the motorola should have line out connections on it which you can wire up with a couple of relays to inturrupt the audio signal from the radio to the amp, but you're going to be up to your neck in relays to do this all behind the radio:

1 relay for mute, since the mute wire will not be strong enough to power all of these relays

6 relays for the speakers, 4 for the front speakers 2 for left, 2 for right, one on each side for + and - the other 2 relays use to cut the + audio signal to the rear channels.

If you ask me, just use the included speaker and one relay to cut the remote turn on signal to the amps.

the line levels from the motorola shouldn't be an issue with the low level inputs to the amplifier, but don't be surprised if you're dissappointed by the volume of the motorola.

MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
ldpfeifer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  

I used this relay set up for my Ford Expedition to cut out the radio and used the LF speaker driven by a Motorola HF850 Bluetooth with great results.  I was hoping to do the same in the 98 Maxima, but my only concern was I thought I read some where on the site that the Bose system used am amp at the speaker and you had to wire beyond the amp which would be in the door???  Here is the relay set up I used that I found on the site.....Lyle

you're going to need two relays, three if you don't already have one for the mute..

mute set up:
85 negative trigger from motorola mute wire
86 12v
87a car side of accessory wire
30 radio side of accessory wire
this will interrupt power to the radio when ever the bluetooth is supposed to "mute" the radio. therefore, the radio will shut off..
relays for front speaker take over:
86 12v
87 + from bluetooth speaker output
87a + from radio speaker output
30 to + input of car speaker
86 12v
87 - from bluetooth speaker output
87a - from radio speaker output
30 to - input of car speaker
this will switch the car speaker's input from the radio, to the bluetooth whenever the bluetooth is enabled. i highly recommend using another relay to give you a better trigger ground for your relays from the single mute wire:
85 negative trigger from bluetooth
86 12v
87 ground
30 to other relay's 85 terminals.
also, to prevent having a billion relays to hide, buy some smaller relays from radio shack and put them all on a project board or something similar so you only have a "module" type enclosure to hide rather than 4+ relays.
another word of advice, cut the speaker outputs to the bluetooth speaker that comes with the motorola for the output to your car speaker, not the line out wires.
last thing, this will turn off your factory radio, and allow the bluetooth to take control of one of your car speakers, alternatively you can keep the radio on, and just interrupt the audio going to the other speakers with more relays..

ldpfeifer 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

Update on this....the Bose system does in fact have amps at the speakers.  I didn't take the time to work around this as the relay mute wire would not trigger from the Motorola t605.  Not sure if its a bad unit or it works differently than the 850.

Lyle

ldpfeifer 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Another update, has anyone tried to talk to Motorola tech support?  India, maybe its a nice place and I by no means want to offend you if your from there, but....when I ask for help with the T605, I got to talk with no less than 7 different people and was read verbatum how to push the buttons and work the T605.  My question was a simple one, is the mute wire powered or does it go to ground to work.....now it gets better....if you can't tell me the answer could you send me a new control box since this one does not seem to work....what do you mean(ugly american coming out) I have to send you the whole unit in the box back for an RA?  Do you people even know whats involved to install one of these units?  It took me 2 hours just to remove the headliner, door post, and radio to get the microphone wire plug to the radio area and replace it all again and you want me to romove it?  Can't you just send me the control box?  NO!  So now I read on a forum, the yellow mute wire they say to hook up, is actually the orange one!!!!!  Someone please buy me a Parrot 3200......

Lyle Pfeifer

hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

the mute wire on that unit puts out a ground. low current, use a relay.

MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic