icon

power mirror folding

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trdsw 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry about the long post ahead of time. just trying to be as descriptive as possible. The setup I have seems completely different then any other Ive read about so some help please Ive searched for 3 days but nothing yet.
I have a set of power fold mirrors that I would like to manipulate along with my aftermarket alarm.
The mirrors have a basic setup.
PWR
ACC
on off toggle switch
white wire
When the car is set to ACC or started you can hit the switch and the mirors will fold or unfold.
When I connect the white wire to the central locking system, if you pull the key out of ACC the mirrors will automatically retract (regardless of the switch orientation). Like wise they will also unfold as you turn the key back to ACC. I have tried to connect the white wire to ground but I do not believe that it has the capability of opening the mirrors. Only the ACC
The central locking system reads an active 12v.
I have a 528t pulse timer relay and from my understanding this will set for 90 sec which is fine. If I connect this to the ACC line and wire it up to a relay will it trick my mirrors into thinking that the acc is on? is there any harm to the factory electrical system by doing this?
Im not an auto installer but I can read basic to advance schematics. SCHEMATICS OR PICTURES PLEASE!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Set the 528t for 5 secs, neg output when armed (orange on DEI products) to pulse wire I can't remember, think it's BLACK/ white, brown to white, yellow and red to 12v+, black to ground. should do it. What car?
trdsw 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2008 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
actually I just got it figured out ACC and the white wire are purely for signal I diode isolated my acc feed and setup 2 relays to send 12v to either one when needed thanks for the help
MAZDASPEED 3 is the car

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic