remote trunk opening g5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
igm4ever 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2008 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
HI,
the installer where i have installed my clifford g5 alarm wanted to charge me an extra $100 just to add a few inches of wire to make my trunk pop from my alarm remote. I have got the wiring diagram for m alarm, but has anyone done so he can guide me so that I may save some bucks and spend them on a remote starter?
thanks
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
You would use the red with whitestripe channel A.But it will only send a low current - pulse you should always use a relay.That is if your car already has a motor in the trunk ,What type of  car are you workin on?
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
igm4ever 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
its a daewoo racer, very similar to on old opel astra, it does have a motor in the trunk and it opens from the dash. as I see it, a link from the alarm module to the trunk dash switch should work right?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
If it works from the dash switch, it will either have a low current neg output going to an existing relay, as Ford Focus, where all you need to do is conect the red wire to this. If pos, you need a (UK retail)  £4 relay, RED / white to 86, 12V+ perm at 15amp fused to 86 and 87, joining 30 to the output wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, missed this on my previous post, Ringo do you have the British Focus or the US version on the Islands? You're really  missing one hot mother (the ST and now the RS) if you have the US versions.
ringojam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
BRITISH FOCUS One of our best rally drivers races one I heard he paid 350,000.00 britsh pounds for it its fast as hell ad beats all the evos and subarus here.Back to yr question you need a relay to change the polarity of the - output of the alarm to pos+ output i checked a friends dawoo lanos ad his was pos+ it might be wise to    ask yr installer to put it in but  $100.00 ist oo much I think if it is usd.Here we charge just for the relay and a small extra charge about $20.00 usd,so talk to him and try and negotiate..
igm4ever 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
So, what sort of relay shold i need, so that I may find it on ebay, as I will not go from the one who did te original istallation but another friend of mine
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Only fastest for last couple of days but good luck to him!! Only mentioned the Focus  'cause the seats in my Galant are killing me and the Focus has lovely Recaros! I also used to charge £10-20 ($20-40) inc relay for that job, IF I was doing the alarm at the same time.
ringojam 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
A 5 pin relay will work just fine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic