icon

2002 chevrolet silverado passlock ii prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrsparky637 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have a remote start on my 2002 Chevy Silverado pickup and it worked fine for and while and now it dont. It tries to start and immediately cuts off. I changed my passlock bypass (PLDATA II) and got a PLDATA SL and still didnt work. I am thinking that the passlock system on my truck isnt working. It starts fine with a key. Is there any way I can check to see if the passlock is working or is there another way to bypass it so my remote start will work.
Thank YOU
mrsparky637
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
if it startes with they key is not the car have you chek your tach wire ?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
If your truck starts fine with a key, then there is nothing worng with the Passlock system. Many things can cause this result. It would be best to use a digital volt meter to check all your wiring. It sounds like your Passlock interface is to blame or its wiring. The best way to confirm this is using a scan tool capable of reading the security data to see if it is working correctly. I hope you programmed the new bypass correctly. Make sure that you do not reuse the old bypass wiring. If there was a problem with the wiring, changing the bypass wouldn't fix it. Some bypasses are wired differently than others.
sparky
mrsparky637 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I wired and programmed each interface exactly as the instructions that came with them said. Do you recommend another kind (brand) of interface?
mrsparky637

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic