icon

viper 791 in 01 exterra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csb41502 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
i need some help on this install.number 1; how do i wire up the power locks,and how do i double pulse the unlock?number 2; how do i diode isolate the 4 door pins?ive never hooked up diodes,so i need help with that.number 3; the nissand have 2 starter wires and the remote start only has 1 starter output.how do i hook up both starter outputs from the nissan to the one output on the alarm.thats the biggest questions i got but any help or tips to make this all easier would be greatly appreciated.thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

1 double pulse will be a programming feature. Read the install guide again.

2 Read this

3 You will need an aux out programed for start to trigger an extra relay for your second starter. DO NOT connect both to one output....

wire your relay like this. negative input, to posative output.

csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
ok i got the locks and door triggers all figured out.im still not clear on the 2 starter wires and how to hook it all up to the viper.and i was reading some stuff about a relay in the ignition or acc wire also????
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

for your second starter, splice a wire into the purple wire on the ribbon harness (you'll have to seperate the wires a little), connect that wire to 85 terminal on a relay, connect 86 and 87 to a constant 12v source at the ignition harness, and 30 to your second starter.

to recap:

85 (-)starter trigger from RIBBON harness (the thin wires, not the thick ones)

86 (+) constant 12v input from ignition harness
87 same as 86
30 to 2nd starter wire.

MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
csb41502 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
do i have to hook up the factory disarm wire from the viper to the disarm wire in the car?also,how do i hook up the dome wire from the viper to the car?i know i have to isolate every door switch,but does anyone know all those wire colors and where i can find them in the car?seeing that the viper has anti grind,do i have to wire up a relay so that when u turn the key it wont grind for that split second?
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  

csb41502 wrote:
do i have to hook up the factory disarm wire from the viper to the disarm wire in the car?also,how do i hook up the dome wire from the viper to the car?i know i have to isolate every door switch,but does anyone know all those wire colors and where i can find them in the car?seeing that the viper has anti grind,do i have to wire up a relay so that when u turn the key it wont grind for that split second?

no, on your particular vehicle there is no need to connect the disarm wire for remote start. if you use yellow for lock and yellow/red for unlock, it should disarm the factory alarm upon unlocking with a double pulse (this will be a programming feature).

Also I don't think you'll need to hook up your dome supervision either. I beleive from the factory, your truck should turn the domelight on upon unlocking. If not, just connect the BLACK/ white wire from the viper to your driver's door pin with a relay as follows:

85 to BLACK/ white from viper

86 to constant 12v source
87 to ground
30 to driver's door trigger in the truck(i think it's GREEN/ red)

you shouldn't need to wire up an anti-grind, it's built into the remote start.

As for the door pins i beleive they are as follows:

GREEN/ red for driver's door

GREEN/ black passenger door
RED / black rear doors

they should be in the vehicle's security module which is located above the hood release in the driver's kick panel area. use a multimeter to make sure that you've got the right wires. These door triggers should be (-) btw and will connect to the green (-) door trigger on the viper. remember to diode isolate them, you can do this by getting three peices of spare wire in moderate lengths, splicing into the door trigger in the vehicle, and add a diode at the end of the wire with the stripe (cathode) towards the car. repeat for all three triggers then join the anode ends of the diodes together and solder them to the green door trigger wire from the viper.

MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic