icon

dome supervision not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a python 990 installed in my 07 Mustang. I can't get the dome supervision to work, when I arm or disarm my alarm. I have the relay hooked up like this. 86 +12v, 85 -alarm dome super wire, 87 -lt.GREEN/ YELLOW car dome supervision wire, 30 ground. I know its hooked up correctly. My car has the domelight delay. Were the d.l. stays on for like 30 seconds after the doors are closed.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
What is not working? Does the dome light turn ON when you unlock the doors? Does the relay click?
audioinstaller3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
No it does not turn on when I unlock the doors. It also does not shut off when I lock the doors. The relay does click.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Did you meter that wire to verify that it goes to ground when the domelight is turned on and 12V with the domelight off?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
That is also what I am thinking. Once you verify it, you can try grounding your lt grn/ylw wire to see if the lights come on. This will just verify the BCM/GEM is working correctly.
The next thing I would look at is the alarm triggering the relay when you think it should?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
If your dome light turns on with unlock, why do you need the dome supervision any way???
audioinstaller3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
It does not turn on with unlock, nore does it turn off when I lock it. It turns on when I open the door. And 30 seconds after I close the door. It's timed. I just want the dome super to work like it should.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
It will not turn off when you lock the doors because its being controlled  by the factory light delay.  If it does not turn on when you lock your doors then it may be the wrong light GREEN/ YELLOW wire.  Like Chris mentioned before, ground the light GREEN/ YELLOW wire and see if the domelight turns on.  If it doesnt then you may have the wrong wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic