icon

cap draining my battery?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ruggerman 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
96 cavalier pioneer deh4900 kicker 350.1 cheap pioneer 6x9 door speakers n tweets kicker 750.1 2 cvr 12`s wired to 2 ohm load. I rarely drive the car anymore but my 2 yr old son loves to sit in it and *vroom Vroom* without stereo on of course. I recently replaced the battery ($90 special from autozone) and the big 3 upgrade **Thanx Dyohn BTW** Does the cap constantly try to hold a charge from him opening and closing the doors?? I have it on the charger now and pulled the fuse running to the cap. Will this solve my problem or is it more extensive?? Thanx in advance for any input all.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
A cap, once it is charged will not pull any more current from the charging source. Well, it does, but it is on the order of microamps. It's called leakage current, and it is VERY tiny, indeed. Your battery will never notice it. It is not very likely that the cap is your issue.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
upzaw2000 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

on top of that from what i have read, caps are crap, throw em away unless you have them for visual stimualtion.

I most definitly believe this to be true since i have run 2000 watts in an HHR with rather minimum light dimming. (HHR 06 90 amp alternator)

Team Southern Bass
Team Sundown Audio
Team Cascade Designs
89 Crx Dx - Automatic :)
tsd08 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

caps are crap you should get a kinetik battery and call it a day

upzaw2000 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace