speaker advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kungwaz 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hi!
I am looking for new speakers for my car. I have decided that my budget will be about $100. I have a head unit with 4x50w output and I need 4 speakers. I want to have a pair of 5,25" in the front doors and a pair of 6x9" in the rear. What could you pro's here recommend for me? Just need a solid beginners system that plays decent. speaker advice -- posted image.
Regards
Daniel
// KungWaz
upzaw2000 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
lol i am not a pro but good luck witht he speakers for 100 bux. Might as well go on ebay, find 4 used factory speakers.
Team Southern Bass
Team Sundown Audio
Team Cascade Designs
89 Crx Dx - Automatic :)
kungwaz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
So what you are saying is that there are no preferred brands in that category? Just don't wanted to spend the money crap. I know it's no big budget... If I only look at front speakers for $100 is that better?
// KungWaz
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
yes, $100 for a pair a speakers is doable.  There's a lot of brands in the entry to mid-level that can get you a set of 5 1/4"'s for under $100.  But two pairs? not a chance.
upzaw2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

focal 130 ca1

129.99 but i am sure you can get them on ebay for 100 bux.

Focal makes great products. but anything around 100 bux just for the fronts (not component setup) are decent. Focal are trusted.

Team Southern Bass
Team Sundown Audio
Team Cascade Designs
kungwaz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip upzaw2000!
What brands do you recommend for one pair of fronts megaman? I could buy fronts for about $100 and then wait some weeks and buy the rears for about $100.
// KungWaz
upzaw2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

same for the rear 100 bux will get you decent speakers for the back. I would say Boston Acoustics SX95 119.99 listed probably get on ebay for 80-90. 

Anyone you ask will say something different, some people prefer Kicker- not bad, others may say infiniti - not bad either. These should all be reliable speakers just comes down to taste and matching them to the power of the amp at this point.

Team Southern Bass
Team Sundown Audio
Team Cascade Designs
tsd08 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
you need to put alittle more money into it . you r better off saving and getting good door specker so u dont get walmart brand thats going to blow as soon as u hook em up. iv been doing car audio for like 7 years there is no good 100 dollar specker
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I might also mention that if you buy ANYTHING Focal online, there will be NO (as in ZERO) warranty from Focal. Period. Check their website, and they will tell you EXACTLY the same thing, right up front. You MUST buy Focals from an authorized dealer, and there are NONE that sell online.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Even if you had hundreds to spend I wouldn't recommend the Focals.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic