icon

02 accord, grommet placement in firewall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hondaspeed 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. Sorry to ask such a ridiculous question, but i have a 2002 honda accord EX 4cyl. and it has to be the most difficult car i've experienced to run a wire from the engine compartment into the cabin without drilling a hole quite low.
Right now I'm trying to run the siren & tach wires through the passenger's side firewall. (soon I will be running 1/0 power wire) Anyone out that by chance have an idea of a good place to run a wire in without removing the whole heater core?
Thanks.
...HondaSpeed...
audioinstaller3 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure about that car, but their has to be a large grommet on either the passenger or driver side for sure. Look under the driver dash and up at the firewall. You will find some grommets. Then just be careful and cut a slit in it to run your power wire threw it. If their isnt a grommet but a plain spot that is open on both sides you can drill a hole in the firewall, although not recommended. Make sure you grommet the hole if you do drill one.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
Follow the wiring back from the battery, or engine bay fusebox, there are bound to be grommets nearby. An alternative would be for the wiring to go into the wheelarch ahead of the front wheels and end up in your kick panels.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
There is a large rubber grommet on the drivers side i use. It has a large harness in it already but tons of room for others too...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
hondaspeed 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind for my power wire when I get it.
I wound up using the grommet under the passenger side fuse for the alarm only so it wouldn't be visible from under the car and so I wouldn't have to run the wire at all in the compartment.
I'm not sure yet where I will run the power wire, but I'm definitely going to check out that grommet you mentioned... appreciate the help
...HondaSpeed...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic