icon

2008 honda accord, upgrade stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gkfreeze 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2008 Honda Accord with Navi,and would like to update the sound system. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have infinity Kappa Series Speakers and a Rockford P400 amp,also have ( 2) 8in subs with a Rockford P300 amp. I was going to use this equipment with my factory system. Any advice would be very helpful. 
gkfreeze
fiberglasslvr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

i would recommend that you use a jl cleansweep, or a rockford 3sixty, or an audiocontrol line output module, to keep the stock headunit, and then wire your amps from there

in process of changing everything
tlviewer 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in the same boat. I have the 6 speaker system (165 watts). We don't like the amount of bass coming from the doors (they rattle). I've turned the bass down with the menu, but I'm leaning toward adding a x-over to the door wires as they enter the doors.
The honda PDF for the system says the door speakers are 4 ohm. Can anyone suggest a brand or specific x-over that will roll-off the lower bass and also a suggested frequency?
With the six speaker setup (in accord) besides using a CD with mp3's burned as data, how else can I play mp3's. What ways are people using the auxiliary IN?
--
Mark
gkfreeze 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I was told that on the accords that you would have to disconnect the mics in the car due to the active noise cancellation in order to add the subs,is this true? is the jl cleansweep a sound processor? if so I was told that they dont do much for the sound. I want to upgrade my sound what are your suggestions? what would you do? The equipment mention came out of my previous vehicle I would like to use it instead of buying new.
gkfreeze
gkfreeze 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I use the auxiliary in my accord for my I-pod I have the 7 speaker system with a factory sub
gkfreeze
ohwhatajob 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  

If you are installing subwoofers in these cars, you MUST unplug both front and rear microphones for the ANC (active noise cancellation) system! The front mic is inbetween the overhead/map lights and the sunglasses compartment near the rearview mirror. It is a panel with grilles and a small hole (for the mic). This is held in by plastic tabs and can be pryed out with a panel tool.

The rear mic is also easily accessed (at least in the two door coupes, I'm unsure about the sedans).

1. fold the back of the rear seat down

2. looking at the top of the rear deck, close to the edge that meets the seat, in the middle, there will be another small hole. The microphone is directly under this hole! 

3. Simply pop out the three or four clips holding the bottom/front of the rear deck in, pull the bottom of the panel forward enough to get your arm underneath and disconnect the microphone.

Keep in mind, this microphones are not only used for the ANC system, but also (if you have it) Navigation, and Bluetooth.

Having these mic's plugged in and having subwoofers installed will produce LOUD feedback from the subs that will make you want to drive your car off a cliff!

Lastly, if anyone has any questions about this car, email me at randolph8387 at yahoo.com..... I have about 10 hours of work put into a customer's '08 coupe, so I know some tips/shortcuts. 

calsoundfontana 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks "ohwhatajob" you saved us on this one

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic