icon

viper 330v going off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
badfishlbc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Since day 1, my Viper 330v has been going off at random times, completely undisturbed. I've checked the zone being triggered and it's the shock sensor. I have it cranked all the way down right now to see if that helps. Before, it was right next to being at the lowest setting. I tested by banging on the car and it's nearly numb now.
Is this some kind of a known issue with these alarms? I searched and found some other threads that seem to indicate this is not an isolated issue. If so, what is the fix?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
The problem with shock sensors is that they are prone to false alarms, even if setup correctly.  How is the shock sensor mounted?  Mounting shock sensor is almost an art, and the mount can greatly affect the way the shock sensor performs.
Kevin Pierson
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of vehicle is this in if it is a ford it might be sending out the "sleep" signal...
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
badfishlbc 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor is built into the brain unit. The alarm is mounted in a 2008 Scion xB...
badfishlbc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

I think I have this one resolved. The shock sensor was trigger happy even though it was set down to the minimum. So I adjusted it to the maximum, tested its sensitivity to determine that I did have it dialed all the way to the minimum before. Sure enough it was super sensitive at max setting. Then I dialed it all the way back down to minimum and I have not had the alarm false yet (knock on wood). It would do it every night at least once a night before.

So it's just a buggy shock sensor that was fixed by moving the adjustment dial back and forth. As in my previous post, this appears to be a problem that a lot of these units have.

alexnog 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
I´ve 330V alarm in my nissan Xterra. Yesterday, the alarma failed. I could´nt disarm it. The car was blocked, The valet switch doesn´t work.And I had to take out the alarm fuse for to run the car. My dealer says than the alarm lost part of the program and he have to get the information for fix the program. My question is could the module alarm lose the firmware??.
Thanks
Alex. viper 330v going off -- posted image. viper 330v going off -- posted image.
Alex

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic