the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Show Off Your Tool Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spookiestylez
I did a brief search and couldn't find a tread like this one. Just wanted you guys to post some pics of your boxes to see what everyone is using. My new one is the 53" Kobalt pioneer box. I'm using it as a work replacement of a snap on classic 78. Im still using a minibox as a roll cart for shop covers,chargers and such. Here are a few of mine.
Show Off Your Tool Box - Last Post -- posted image.
thats my new box. comes with a fridge,psu,pioneer radio with ipod cable,and 2 6.5" coax pioneers. Sweet box, using it to replace a snap on classic 78
Those are mine, let me see some of your tool boxes
rtfm
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2008 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kassdog
Holy doodie that box is tits. Did it come with the fridge or did you put that in there. Do you have a link on where to buy it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The fridge comes in the box. You can get it at Lowe's.
Working out of a Big Box at a Big Box. Cool box. Literally, a Cool Box.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson

Mine is pretty boring, but it served it's purpose.  I wanted a box that would hold all my hand tools and fit in to any garage I ever owned once I quit installing.  Because of this I went with a narrow tall box.  It can be a bit annoying at times having a box taller then me, but I keep a 5 gallon bucket handy to access the top two drawers and the top.  It turned out to be a really good idea, because my current garage is really small, but has 11' cielings!

Kevin Pierson
spookiestylez 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spookiestylez
kassdog wrote:
Holy doodie that box is tits. Did it come with the fridge or did you put that in there. Do you have a link on where to buy it.
Lowes website dosent list it, its the Kobalt 53" box, a little bit on google will get you on your way, or check out a store. Everything from the radio,ipod cable,speakers, and fridge came out the box $1,700 worth. Its not a snap on box, but way too sweet to pass up
i am an idiot wrote:
The fridge comes in the box. You can get it at Lowe's.
Working out of a Big Box at a Big Box. Cool box. Literally, a Cool Box.
I'd much rather worrk out a big box at a custom shop again. It's just the big box pays more by hr and with the red box I get overtime and bonus instead of commission.
KPierson wrote:

Mine is pretty boring, but it served it's purpose. I wanted a box that would hold all my hand tools and fit in to any garage I ever owned once I quit installing. Because of this I went with a narrow tall box. It can be a bit annoying at times having a box taller then me, but I keep a 5 gallon bucket handy to access the top two drawers and the top. It turned out to be a really good idea, because my current garage is really small, but has 11' cielings!

That tank is sick, how tall is it? Looks like you need a bucket to get to the top too. I bet every bit of 6.7' high. I used a small 6 drawer box for about 4 years for the same reason,saving space, but I had too much crap.Now I work in a hugh 3 bay shop. So to eliminate having 2 smaller boxes and a few totes, drill boxes, etc I financed a big box.
I got a snap on classic 78 for sale too that I need to put on the bst forums.
sS
rtfm
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmelton86

My rear floorboards are my tool box... -can't have something move around in the trunk and puncturing my sub! That and my junk room.

I did see that box at my local Lowes. I got a trip out of it.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
KPierson 
Posted: August 28, 2008 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson

spookiestylez wrote:
That tank is sick, how tall is it? Looks like you need a bucket to get to the top too. I bet every bit of 6.7' high. I used a small 6 drawer box for about 4 years for the same reason,saving space, but I had too much crap.Now I work in a hugh 3 bay shop. So to eliminate having 2 smaller boxes and a few totes, drill boxes, etc I financed a big box.
I got a snap on classic 78 for sale too that I need to put on the bst forums.
sS

It's an 80 gallon tank I believe.  It's entirely too big for a home garage, I do know that.  I don't use it very often and it takes about 45 mintues to fill up.  So, if I need to inflate some tires I have to plan ahead with it because it's so big.  I have been using it to finish my basement (I have a dedicated air line that runs to my basement) so it has been nice from that perspective.

Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KarTuneMan
Kevin.... it's got to be also a tad bit LOUD? yes?
KPierson 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KPierson

KarTuneMan wrote:

That's the reason I don't leave it filled all the time.  After the first time it woke my wife and I (and possibly the neighbors) up at 3AM because it kicked on I decided that I would manually control when it comes on.

It's really not possible to be in the garage without hearing protection when it is compressing.

Kevin Pierson
spookiestylez 
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spookiestylez
KPierson wrote:

KarTuneMan wrote:

That's the reason I don't leave it filled all the time.  After the first time it woke my wife and I (and possibly the neighbors) up at 3AM because it kicked on I decided that I would manually control when it comes on.

It's really not possible to be in the garage without hearing protection when it is compressing.

lol, sounds like my house too.
C'mon guys, lets see the rest of your boxes, or shops for that matter.
rtfm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic