Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

If Gustav is still Gustav a day after it makes landfall and is going to hit Dallas, then I'll worry ;)   ...(topic moved to Miscellaneous)

uh oh 12v, Hurricane Gustav -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe we should rename this topic "uh oh idiot, Gustav"  ...looks like the latest predicted path takes it through Baton Rouge and away from Mandeville. You planning to stay or beat feet? 

the12volt 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Now it's west of Baton Rouge... they don't know :|
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I am not going anywhere.  Andrew came right over us.  It was the worst I have been through.  It was not that big of a deal.  I am so far north and unlike You I have no large bodies of water for it to just coast right through.  They usually lose a lot of steam before they get to me.   I did notice some extra traffic this morning and evening.  What has me worried is Wednesday or Thursday.  They evacuate in shifts this time, some Friday some Saturday some Sunday some Monday and some Tuesday.   But they are all coming back on Thursday.  TRAFFIC NIGHTMARE.   WOOOOO HOOOOO
the12volt 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

LOL  ...I'm staying too, but not to avoid the traffic. For Katrina I took all back roads and highways to Destin and arrived 8 hours earlier than those that took I-10. I'm above sea level here and didn't flood in May of 95, but came pretty close, so we'll be fine if it doesn't stall over us. If it goes any where near where they currently project, we're both in for some bad weather. I'll take a few pics and post them here later. Good luck with the Labor Day traffic ;)

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Well it just hit here last night an what  alot of rain stiil raining but not so much wind wish the best for yu guys.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Do you know where I can get info on what time and day they are planning to close MSY?   My boss and his entire family flew out Thursday Night for Miami.  The girl at the ticket counter told him they were planning to close Sunday.  They are flying back Monday   I have looked at their website but no up to date info.   Thanks for any help.

i am an idiot 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Ringo  watch out for Hanna
the12volt 
Posted: August 29, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
Do you know where I can get info on what time and day they are planning to close MSY?   My boss and his entire family flew out Thursday Night for Miami.  The girl at the ticket counter told him they were planning to close Sunday.  They are flying back Monday   I have looked at their website but no up to date info.   Thanks for any help.

Hurricane Gustav Preparations

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  ---  August 29, 2008; 4:30 p.m. ---  The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is continuing to prepare for the possible effects of Hurricane Gustav.

Armstrong International’s preparation process is very fluid taking into account the projected path of the storm and forecast intensity. As these aspects change, so may the Airport’s plans. The overriding factor on determining when to curtail aircraft activity is safety: safety of aircraft and passengers, and safety of airport personnel.

Any passengers coming to the airport for a flight should have proof of a flight reservation.  This can be a paper ticket, boarding pass or printed itinerary from the airline web site.  Passengers should expect to encounter checkpoints as they approach the airport terminal.

Passengers are encouraged to check with their airlines via the web site or reservation systems prior to coming to the airport for the status of their flight.

For the latest flight information, refer to your airlines’ web site or reservations number or the Airport’s web site at www.flymsy.com.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic