icon

negative relay, lock, unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2008 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like you might need a more flexible alarm system. 
Kevin Pierson
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
12vlost wrote:

Anyone please?

Could really do with a suggestion on wiring a relay that gives a negative output when a negative is removed,its too easy to pop a window the way its wired now and press the unlock switch on the dash.

TIAnegative relay, lock, unlock - Page 2 -- posted image.

What kind of current are you looking for on the negative output?
If a half amp will do, all you probably need is a transistor like a BS170 or 2N2700. If you connect the gate pin to your switched line, then it'll connect your output to ground whenever the voltage rises above 4V. You just have to check the switched signal to see that it switches between ground and some positive voltage. It's voltage controlled, so it won't draw any power from your switched signal.
If you switched signal has voltage spikes on it, you'll want to add some protective circuitry to keep from damaging the transistor.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

use a DEI 528T. it is a relay with an adjustable timer on it for the output which you can make positive or negative, which ever you choose. it can be activated with a negative pulse, OR (what your looking for), actvated when it sees a negative removed. cool huh?

12vlost 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

use a DEI 528T. it is a relay with an adjustable timer on it for the output which you can make positive or negative, which ever you choose. it can be activated with a negative pulse, OR (what your looking for), actvated when it sees a negative removed. cool huh?

Very coolnegative relay, lock, unlock - Page 2 -- posted image.

thanks for both suggestions,will try them and report back..............

12vlost 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a DEI 528T and need a shematic to give me a - trigger when - is removed,any ideas please as the instructions are a little vague?

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
let me read this whole thread over again. i sorta forgot what unit you had.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
12vlost wrote:

Hi, need a little help in a relay problem.

I have fitted two extra deadlocks to my Dodge Sprinter van which require negative feeds on each side of the MES relay to lock/unlock.

I have searched for the wire colors and have tested a few in the rear cabin but no joy.I have fitted a Cobra alarm which does give a negative feed when armed,this is great for the locking of the extra locks and its independant of the factory central locking so in my mind is more secure.Trouble is, I need a seperate negative feed when disarmed/unlocked to the extra dealocks.

I'm  thinking, is it possible to wire a relay so I can feed it a negative signal and when the negative signal (from the alarm) is removed it gives a seperate negative feed to unlock?

TIA

connect the black wire to ground, red wire to constant 12v, connect the yellow wire to ground, the brown wire will be your output. connect the BLACK/ white wire to the wire that shows ground when armed on your Cobra. when it goes away after disarming it will activate the 528T. use the adjustment screw to adjust how long you want the output to be. just a secound or two or all the way up to 45 i believe. you have to cut the blue loop also

12vlost 
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Many many thanks for taking the time to help out, will wire it up and report back,thankyou....
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic