icon

90 Acura Integra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

so- here is my gas saver for weekend drives.   my lowrider-lol.  it is a 1990 acura integra, 4-door, gs model.  i have always loved these cars from day one. i bought this car for $700 last year, and am slowly rebuilding it to be a respectable machine again.  it has 197,000 iles on it with new motor, tranny, clutch, whole front end, kyb gr-2 drop kit(struts and springs), 17 inch allow wheels, and not too much performance stuff- header, flowmaster axle-back exhaust, msd ignition, wire kit, etc.   this car is for me to get around cheap, not get a ticket fast.  but it is fun to drive, especially now.  getting better everyday.  now i am just in need of some paint and a little body work. 

my amp layout- ads 6-channel ph 15 running 2 aura pro bass shakers, and 2 aura regular bass shakers.  ads 4-channel pq 20 and another 2 channel ads power plate amp runs the highs (4 pairs of memphis component coaxials with crossovers).  one premier prs series 12"subwoofer, is run by a 300 watt mcintosh mono block amp. a premier 980bt, sirius stiletto, and ipod touch with jvc bluetooth adapter provide the music.  0-gauge power wire, with a red top optima under the hood, and a 1-farad cap. 

90 Acura Integra -- posted image.

the amps layed out:

the mac:

rear door spaekers i added-  custom fiberglassed pods right into the existing panel

rear deck- also fiberglass, but not as pretty

and the front fiberglass pods  (not a very good pic)

so- there she is.  unfortunately, my head unit is out for warranty work, and the alpine i have borrowed has no high pass filters :-(    so icant turn it up much.  will have it back next week.  cant wait.   sounds great, though.  last step will be to build a fiberglass enclosure for the sub, or possibly switch it up a bit.  i a kind of leaning towards the idea of 2 really nice, high powered 8".    we'll see?

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
rushman2112 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
How is that McIntosh amp working for you? Ive heard those are some of the best amps to buy but have never heard one before. Im from Houston area and dont think anyone here even sells them , not that Ive seen.
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
 i just got the amp a little whie ago.  it sounds great, even for just one 12.  very clean, plenty of power.  they are avaiable through my boston acoustic rep for the company i work for, but they are big bucks even with dealer pricing.  my buddy had this same amp in his car acouple years ago with 3, 12 inch jl's and it was nasty.  i just cant really see what its capable of with this alternator.  maybe soon. 
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
thank god for my 10 honda keys, lol...j/k.Looks like a pretty clean set up.
rtfm
kris05vvti 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
wow i like how the setup looks from inside......u should post some outside piks =] just cuz i like thouse integras as well =]
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

How are they bass shakers?  i was toying with the idea a little while back.  it is worth the effort?

roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
  ...bass shakers?  i think well worth it.  i have been playing with them for years.  they seem to handle a lot more than their rated power, too.  most people i talk to who have had them say that they werent all that great--   but they had bought a kit with an  amp in it and the amp is just plain weak.  i got into them when my ex told me she wanted her car to shake klike my truck does (8-twelves!), but she didnt like how it hurt her ears.  so the search began.  i tries a pair of aura pro shakers (as-tb4). i couldnt mount them to the floor of her jeep (as directions instruct to), so i just zip tied them to the very bottom of the seats.  i put one premier ten, and an old 100 watt mono block kenwood amp all tied together.  the fron seats sounded like she had two nice 12's with a 1000 watt amp.  amazing how vibrations can fool you into thinking it is loud.       now, i use them in every car i own.   i have a pair in this acura running off an ads ph15, and i have 2 pairs strapped under the seats of my truck, running off 2 channels of a jl 300/4.   they do hit some higher notes that the subs dont like at high volume.       they are defiitely pretty cool, and there are oher brands out ther too.  plus, chicks dig 'em!   90 Acura Integra -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic