icon

2009 nissan murano remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
milgrad 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

I am picking up a 2009 Nissan Murano tonight and want to get a remote start installed. I currently have one in my 05 Murano and it works great. Question I have is the 2009 has push button start and it only comes with two intelligent keys, no valey key anymore. Do I need to get another intelligent key or can I simply get another Nissan Key with the chip in it programmed at the dealer and use that in the bypass box? If the key is in the bypass box and somebody broke in wouldn't they simply be able to start the key with the push button? Any help on this would be appreciated.

ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
I did one of these a few months ago and it was a pain but it works fine. I will have to dig up my notes on the car but I do know that the XK07 bypass kit works in the car if it is programmed to the 07 altima firmware. There were a few other issues with the car as well like half of the wires that you need for the remote start ignition connections being under the hood at the relay/fuse center and the other half being behind the cluster inside the vehicle at the BCM. I have wire colors and whatnot saved in my email somewhere when I find them I will post them for you.
--->Richard
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

Check this out

http://www.idatalink.com/pdf/viewDoc.php?id=493

This is the most accurate unit your gonna find for this install and it requires no extra keys. I did one, a little complex but laid out very well in these instructions...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the push-to-start Nissans/Infinitis are very similar.
If you use the search feature and search for the Altima, there is good, detailed information here.
There are three products on the market that'll allow you to install a remote starter, and not have to give up either of your Intelligent Keys.
Out of the three, well, one takes forever to install and doesn't work correctly. Another works perfectly, but in the past has been related to many, many customer comebacks.
The CAN-SL2 from www.ifar.ca works just fine, except that their tach output is unreliable. Still, in my opinion it's the best choice on the market right now.
If you go to their site, you can read the install guide, at no charge.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2008 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

Chris, I have one comming up, whats the deal with the curent ads firmware.  Is there a problem with the door/shutdown method before drive away.  Or the shift interlock issure?

milgrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

Before I go ahead and buy the CAN-SL2  so my installer can get it installed wanted to get any last minute feedback from anybody if this is the best way to go.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

I've done many Nissans with IDATA interfaces, but not a Murano yet. 

They're really not too bad, especially after the 2nd or 3rd one, they get kinda easy.

I just didnt know what was up with ADS's firmware for the Murano.

milgrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Is the IDATA the same as the CAN-SL2 
milgrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Remote start was installed today. Everything seems to be working OK, but when the vehicle is remote started a message comes up on the NAV display stating the consult tool is connected and to please disconnect. It remains on for maybe 5 seconds and then goes off and everything works fine. Is that normal?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic