icon

airhorns when door is opened

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
no_joke_chevy 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

what up guys i got a question i have a viper alarm  791xv.

i want to put airhorns and strobe lights on it but only want them to come on when the door is open.  how would i go about wiring this up. thanks in advance

reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
So when you open the door, both go off, or are you wanting to wire them into the alarm?
First you will need a solenoid for the air horn if you are using a tank, other wise you will just trigger the compressor. Now this will only give you a single long tone until you close the door or disarm the alarm. You will need to do some other work to get it to oscillate. Perhaps a turn signal flasher could accomplish this.
For the door trigger, you will wire the door trigger to the coils and give them the opposite polarity. 30- air horn solenoid or compressor, 87a- to air horn switch, 87 to polarity that triggers air horn.
Your strobes probably take 12v to the brain to turn them on, so again door trigger and opposite polarity to the coils. 30- 12v and 87 to strobe brain.
With going to the alarm, you could probably just tie the relays into the siren trigger rather than the door trigger.
no_joke_chevy 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I want them to go off with the alarm but only when the door is opened

reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
So your now adding two more relays to do it cleanly, of you might be lucky and use the door trigger as the ground for the coils and the siren as the positive.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic