icon

alpine mra f350 and iva d900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kitt350 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have these two units hooked up in my car but I am having a small problem that I hope someone come help me with.  What I am trying to do is get the amp to go into the dolby digital output on the amp.  I can get it to go into the dolby prologic 2 with no problem and I can get that part to shut off as well but I have tried everything that I can think of to get it to go into the dolby digital but havent figured out a way to do it.  The iva-d900 is suppose to be able to control this amp.  I can go into the setup and set up the dolby digital and do the test for the speakers and it works but there are separate lights on the amp t oshow what processor it is using and it will only go to the prologic.  I have the optical cable hooked up as well as the ai-net.  If anyone has used this amp and knows how to change the surround sound modes please let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it.
kitt350 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I just went out to check on a couple things and I pulled the digital optical cable out and noticed when I turn the radio on i see a red light flash inside of the cable.  Is this what it is suppose to do or is it suppose to do something else.
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

the red light is the digital transmission from the headunit.  It is supposed to do that.

As far as the dolby digital, you need to make sure you are playing media with encoded Dolby Digital content.

kitt350 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
So it will automatically change itself if there is dolby digital audio present? 
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
correct
kitt350 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I have looked at my dvd's and I have picked ones that say dolby digital 5.1 on them as well as dts 6.1.  I have put them in the car and reading the display for the audio it says dolby d 3/2.1.  Now is this actually dolby digital 5.1 or not?  I still can not get the amp to go out of dolby prologic mode and into dolby digital mode or even into dts mode.  Any ideas on what to try.  I did just get an alpine dha-s680 dvd changer and it has the optical out as well on it.  Should I try hooking up the optical output on this to the amp instead of going from the headunit?
kitt350 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

When I hook up the dha-s680 and have the optical cable hooked to it, the light stays on constantly and doesn't flash on and off like the iva-d900.  With the s680 it has the option for adjustments in the dolby digital and pro logic but that is with the pxa-h510.  Does this mean that since the mra-f350 is so much newer that it isn't compatable with the dha-s680?  I am just trying to get the amp to go into the dolby digital mode and for the life of me and everything that I have tried I can not get it to change.  In the manual for the iva-d900 is say something about turning the optical out to on but I can't find the setting anywhere.  Will it automatically set itself to on when you plug in the optical cable?  Please someone help me with this.  It is getting quite frustrating.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic