icon

99 audi a4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dallasw 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Alright so im installing a viper 571xv on a 99 Audi A4 and i have a couple questions. First, since theres a third ignion wire and only 2 ignition outputs do i just connect the two wires onto one output. Second, what does it mean next to ignition 3 when it says "2nd starter wire must use for remote"? And finally do i need to determine myself what needs to be dioded or relayed or is the only thing that needs to be diode isolated the parking lights?? Are the lock/unlock wires a higher amperage generally or just a signal wire
?
Thanks,
Dallas
1999 Audi A4 Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information
Constant 12V+     Red      Ignition Switch Harness
Starter     RED / Black      Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition     Black      Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2     Red Thin      Ignition Switch
Ignition 3     Blue      2nd Starter Wire Must use for Remote
Accessory     BLACK / YELLOW      Ignition Switch Harness
Tach     Gray (AC)      Coil
Brake Switch     RED / Black      Brake Switch
Trunk Pin     WHITE/ Black (-)      Above Driver's Kick or Anti-Theft Module
Parking Lights     Gray/Black L      GREEN/ Red R at Light Switch Isolate
Head Lamp     WHITE/ Black      Light Switch
Hood Pin     BROWN / Red (-)      Alarm Module or at Pin
Door Trigger     BROWN / White (-)      Driver's Kick Panel Blue Connector or Alarm Module
Door Lock     Gray/White (-)      Negative Pulse to Lock Double Pulse Unlock
Door Unlock     RED / Brown (-)      Hold Ground to Roll Up Windows Driver's Kick
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

One thing at a time, thin red is acc,  BLACK / YELLOW is 2nd ignition.  Never noticed the blue but if it's on your car take your remote's starter output and and branch off it to a relay, terminal 86, ground to 85, 30amp perm fused to 87 and 30 to blue. Original cable going to red /black. Not sure what it means about "2nd starter wire for remote".

The alarm's lock wires are perfectly adequate for this car, you wil need to set comfort close or wire in an aux on lock to close the windows/roof. NB You will need a spare key and a 556U transponder by-pass unit to enable your remote start. also the last line of your post that starts door unlock, that comment should aply to LOCK not UNLOCK. Don't know where you got the instructions but I see at least THREE errors so far .CHECK EVERYTHING they say. I also doubt if you will find a "coil", they mean coil packs or injector ports.

dallasw 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2008 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help. I got the instructions from here. I wont actually need a transponder, i believe they added this on post '99 models, mine is a pre '99 so i dont have chips in my keys. Ill have to see what that blue wire does who knows maybe it wont need to be wired but ill make sure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic