icon

newbie, fultron-depthcharge 10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kianhon 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Forgive me if I sounds dumb, I'm totally new to this hobby. I'm planning to get 2 woofers for my car but i have no experience in it at all.
A guy I know plan to sell me 2 of his Fultron-DepthCharge 10"(inch) 120 Watts RMS woofer, it is boxed and the measurement of the box is around 14"tall -13"wide -6.7"thick, & a small hole on top.
1)Is the woofers powerful? low or medium or moderate or punchy?
2)How much you think it is worth since it is used? From what I heard, it still sounds good.
3)If I get it, what kind of amplifier should I get? Or the woofer is not really good & I shouldn't even buy it?
All comments will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Still learning
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
kianhon wrote:
Forgive me if I sounds dumb, I'm totally new to this hobby.
It's not your lack of experience that would cause us to do that, more the lack of grammatical knowledge. But don't worry, I won't judge you. newbie, fultron-depthcharge 10 - Last Post -- posted image.
I've never heard that sub before, but I've never liked the idea of naming car audio equipment after weapons, construction equipment, or anything else that may come across as cliche. It's a marketing tool at best, and you only give things frivolous names when they are unable to achieve anything worth being noted.
Save your money, go to a local shop, and let them hook you up with something worth having. Come back here to let us know what they recommend and we'll make sure you're getting steered in the right direction.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
kianhon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
He offer me $100 for both. Is it worth it?
Still learning
kianhon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Opps sorry, he said $140. Worth it? He blasted up for me, it sounds solid. No cracking sounds.
Still learning
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

not worth it at all.

flea market brand for a shop price. 

Save your money, and go to your local audio shop.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Fultron used to be an outstanding brand.  Arthur Fulmer started the comapny as Lear Audio, then Fultron, now the company is known as Memphis.  The down side is if those really are Fultron subs, they are at least 10 years old, and if there is a new company calling itself Fultron, then it is a crap knock-off brand.  I would avoid them.
Support the12volt.com
kianhon 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, thank you for all the feeback guys. I'll stop by a local shop and come back when I have question.
Still learning
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Fultron used to be an outstanding brand.  Arthur Fulmer started the comapny as Lear Audio, then Fultron, now the company is known as Memphis.  The down side is if those really are Fultron subs, they are at least 10 years old, and if there is a new company calling itself Fultron, then it is a crap knock-off brand.  I would avoid them.

Do you write for Wikipedia?  The guy knows EVERYTHING! lol. newbie, fultron-depthcharge 10 - Last Post -- posted image.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Write for them?  Nah, *I AM* Wikipedia!  newbie, fultron-depthcharge 10 - Last Post -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I taught him everything he knows! (OK, really... He taught me quite a bit of what I know... ROFL)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic